"Christmas Tree Skirt" by Barb Montgomery

Every holiday season when I unpack my Christmas decorations I heave a big
sigh at the sight of my old and not very well made Christmas tree skirt.  I
have vowed each year to start a new one and this year I finally did it
finishing just this past week. I chose a crazy quilt design and made it all
by hand by blind stitching scraps of Christmas and other satin and scrap
fabrics to 9" x 9" muslin.  Then I embroidered over the seams and
embellished like crazy using every scrap of lace, ribbon, buttons, beads,
etc I had on hand and adding a lot of embroidery as well.  It is exactly
what I wanted and I look forward to using it this season.  I hope the cats
leave it alone!!

Barb Montgomery

Comments

Eileen wrote re: "Christmas Tree Skirt" by Barb Montgomery
on Sunday, 15 November 2009, 4:56 PM

Barb, I hope your cats leave it alone, too - it's beautiful! I'm impressed at your skills and I'm sure this took a good deal of time. I think I'll spend a long time looking at all the colors, textures and embellishments. I'm sure you'll cherish it for years to come.

Nana wrote re: "Christmas Tree Skirt" by Barb Montgomery
on Sunday, 15 November 2009, 9:27 PM

Barb, I love it.  It is so festive and cheerful and crazy quilt designs are awesome.  I hope your cats don't think its their present and decide its great to play with all those neat embellishments.

Kris wrote re: "Christmas Tree Skirt" by Barb Montgomery
on Monday, 16 November 2009, 1:13 AM

Beautiful. Good luck keeping the cats off it.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Christmas Tree Skirt" by Barb Montgomery
on Tuesday, 17 November 2009, 2:17 AM

Barb--

What a fun tree skirt.  Crazy patch is just perfect for it.

Linny t wrote re: "Christmas Tree Skirt" by Barb Montgomery
on Friday, 20 November 2009, 12:33 AM

It's beautiful, Barb.  I love all the glitter and stitches that show up on the enlarged photo.  Maybe you could share your techniques in the Crazy Quilt group.

gini wrote re: "Christmas Tree Skirt" by Barb Montgomery
on Friday, 20 November 2009, 1:07 AM

barb i love you tree skirt.  gini

Peg wrote re: "Christmas Tree Skirt" by Barb Montgomery
on Friday, 20 November 2009, 3:21 PM

Beautiful tree skirt Barb! There is a "Crazy Quilt" Group now here on the site. Hope you'll join us. Looks like you have expertise to offer and share.

peg