"Frog in a Pond" by Marie

"Frog in a Pond" is a quilt that I made for my granddaughter Devon who loves loves loves frogs.  I was inspired by a wall hanging at one of my local quilt shops and this is a twin sized version, with a twist.  It was fun selecting all the colorful fabrics, making the lily pads in the "water" and the dragon flies sailing through the "sky".  I used fake fur for their bodies and glow in the dark fabric for the frogs eyes.  The back is made up of a mish-mash of all the fabrics in the front of the quilt and the quilting was done by the local quilt shop.  It's been a long time in the making and I can't wait to see her reaction when I present it to her.   Marie

Comments

Eileen wrote re: "Frog in a Pond" by Marie
on Tuesday, 10 November 2009, 8:35 AM

Love the frog and the dragonflies! What I like best, though, are the colorful, varied borders - they make the frog look like he's floating on his yellow lilly pad. I bet Devon will love it.

Marie wrote re: "Frog in a Pond" by Marie
on Friday, 13 November 2009, 7:04 AM

Thank you Eileen, I had fun designing it with the help of my LQS and putting it together.

Devon was home ill from school one day and stayed with me.  I wrapped it around her and told her it will always be hugs from me when she does that.  She loves it!

Marie

Elaine wrote re: "Frog in a Pond" by Marie
on Friday, 13 November 2009, 8:57 AM

This is so adorable, I'm with your granddaughter and I love frogs too.  I might make one for me :)

Marie wrote re: "Frog in a Pond" by Marie
on Tuesday, 17 November 2009, 6:49 AM

Thanks debanks, I did have fun making it and enjoyed the delight in Devon's face when she saw it.

Marie

gini wrote re: "Frog in a Pond" by Marie
on Friday, 20 November 2009, 1:12 AM

marie, i'm sure devon is going to love it    gini

mmharrell@bellsouth.net wrote re: "Frog in a Pond" by Marie
on Monday, 23 November 2009, 8:07 AM

I have made about 12 Frog Quilts for our Chrildren's Healthcare Hospital in Atlanta.  Everyone loves them.  I only add a small border and a larger one.

Kris wrote re: "Frog in a Pond" by Marie
on Monday, 30 November 2009, 2:21 AM

What a cute frog Marie. The quilt is lovely. Devon is a lucky girl.

Nana wrote re: "Frog in a Pond" by Marie
on Monday, 30 November 2009, 10:44 AM

Marie your quilt is so bright and whimsical.  I am sure that Devon will love it.