"Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
"Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" made by Elaine Bogden

I made this quilt for my sister.

Comments

Applik wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 6:23 PM

totally adorable I love SS and OB quilts. I used to belong to a group and we all made fun stuff with SS. She's so adoreable

Kris wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 6:49 PM

Very cute Elaine. I like her little outfits.

Gagoo wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 6:53 PM

I love this quilt, you are very talented

elly pelima wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Saturday, 17 October 2009, 4:18 AM

I like the colors, what a beautiful art

Thea wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Saturday, 17 October 2009, 4:58 AM

Elaine - awesome job on your sunbonnet sue - beautiful!

thank you for sharing it with us.  Some day i hope to make one of these for my Grand daughter.

God bless, Thea

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Saturday, 17 October 2009, 12:34 PM

Elaine--

Your Sunbonnet Sue quilt is adorable and so colorful.  Nice job.

Joni wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Saturday, 17 October 2009, 3:42 PM

Lovely, some little girl is going to treasure this quilt!

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Saturday, 17 October 2009, 7:13 PM

So cute Elaine, I love Sun Bonnet Sue. This one is just darling and you did a wonderful job.

Jutta wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Sunday, 18 October 2009, 11:50 PM

Elaine,

this is a darling quilt. Very cheerful colors. Love it!

gingerjane wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 2:28 PM

So sweet!

Stephanie wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 4:54 PM

Elaine, I just love how you changed up the blocks with different colored outfits and backgrounds.

Dorinda wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Wednesday, 21 October 2009, 6:13 PM

Your quilt is beautiful!

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Sunday, 25 October 2009, 7:18 PM

Pretty & I like how you added little "extras" to complete each block!

MNnancy wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Monday, 26 October 2009, 4:14 PM

Lovely!  I agree with Marge about the "extras".  I see a school bus and a flower in the gardener's hand.  Would love to see/hear more about how you personalized this for your sister.

Linny t wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Thursday, 29 October 2009, 11:41 AM

Absolutely adorable!

Elaine wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Thursday, 29 October 2009, 1:37 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks.  It was fun to make too.

Elaine wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Thursday, 29 October 2009, 9:18 PM

MNancy, I did personalize this quilt for my sister.  I tried to put a little embroidery in about every square.  My sister is a cancer survivor.  On one square I embroidered a pink ribbon heart and Celebrate Life.  She loves her little dachshunds.  The very top quilt is Sun Bonnet Sue walking 2 dachshunds and in another square there is a little girl saying "Thank you God for pets".    The back tag is embroidered with Tinkerbell and all little stars.  My sister loved it.

gobin-foys simone wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Friday, 6 November 2009, 12:24 AM

Vraiment trés beau!....j'en ferai un pour ma petite-fille Clara

Merci! Et j'adore le rose!

gini wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Friday, 20 November 2009, 1:23 AM

elaine,  nice job on the sunbonnet sue    gini

Heather Stockton wrote re: "Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt" by Elaine Bogden
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 10:08 AM

what a beautiful quilt I bet she loved it.

I only heard about Sun Bonnet Sue from an American friend.

In Australia she's not heard of much.