"Circle of Life" by Maria

I wanted to share the quilt I made for my grand daughter Savannah's birth. The pattern is called Circle of Life and it was in Love of Quilting Mag. Savannah is 2 1/2 years old now she really loves the colors and can point them out, she loves sitting on grandma's lap to try to sew and loves the stash. I don't know if she has a quilt in mind or what but she loves pulling the fabric. Just wanted to share.

Thanks,

Maria

Comments

Norma wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 6:20 PM

Savannah's quilt is beautiful!  She is very lucky to have such a talented grandma.  Won't it be fun if you can teach her to quilt!

Kris wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 6:48 PM

It's gorgeous Maria. Is it tied?

Gagoo wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 6:55 PM

I think your beautiful quilt is perfect for a little one, what a lucky girl

Elaine wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 9:26 PM

Your quilt is beautiful Maria and so is your choice of colors.  Perfect for a little grand daughter.

Maria wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 10:06 PM

Thanks I'm glad you all finally got to see it, actually the fabric on the binding I dyed myself so it would have all the colors in it. Kris originally when the picture was taken it was tied but afterwards it was quilted.  It had to be once I saw the way she took every where she went. I love seeing her big eyes light up when she would look at the colors. I truly believe she is a little quilter in training she sure loves my fabric stash.

Nana wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Saturday, 17 October 2009, 11:45 AM

Your quilt is beautiful and I'm sure your Savannah loves it.  Sounds like you may have a quilter in training....fantastic.

Nana

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Saturday, 17 October 2009, 12:41 PM

Maria--

Lovely quilt and congratulations on having a budding quilter in the family.  Hope your granddaughter does develop a love for the craft.  What a great way for the two of you to spend time together.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Saturday, 17 October 2009, 6:42 PM

Absolutely beautiful Maria!

Jutta wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Sunday, 18 October 2009, 11:56 PM

Maria, this is a beautiful quilt. I love your color choices.

Thea wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Monday, 19 October 2009, 12:16 AM

Maria - awesome quilt - I love it and the story about your grand daughter... maybe you should make something from the material she is pulling out... might be trying to tell you something...

God bless,

Thea

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Sunday, 25 October 2009, 7:21 PM

This is really pretty!

Judy Iliff wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Saturday, 31 October 2009, 10:59 PM

Very pretty, Maria! My mom use to tell me that I loved to help her embroider. She'd put the needle into the fabric; I'd pull it through; she'd put it in; I'd pull it through. She said it took forever to complete anything! LOL! She also said I was about the age of your DGD when I was helping her.

Leslie wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Sunday, 1 November 2009, 12:21 AM

Very pretty Maria

Maria wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Sunday, 8 November 2009, 4:11 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you are enjoying the quilt as much as my DGD. Judy I think she would do what you did with your mom if I would let her but she got stuck with something one day and she said "oh bad ouch". You gotta luv um

gini wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Friday, 20 November 2009, 1:25 AM

maria, pretty quilt.   gini

Sherril wrote re: "Circle of Life" by Maria
on Friday, 16 April 2010, 2:10 PM

What a lovely quilt.  The colors are perfect together and you obviously did a great job.  Happy Stitching!!!!