"Untuning" by Simone Guardiola

I am Simone Guardiola, am Brazilian and live in Porto Alegre, to the south of Brazil. I am member of the Club since 2007 and now I only feel myself capable to place my work here. This work was awarded in two festivals. In the Festival of Patchwork and Quilt of Lawn it gained as the place in the category innovation and the Têre Quilt, better quilt. Its name Is untuning. It was inspired in the musical movement called Tropicália, where the color and the freedom were a characteristic, the name was given because this movement came in opposition the New Bossa. Piece, wall lamp, painting and tye die in fabric and quilt make the composition of this work. Who to want to know my work more than, mine blog is ninasho.blogspot.com
I wait that they like!
Simone G.

Comments

Joni wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Wednesday, 14 October 2009, 12:42 PM

Oops!  Got cut off.  Anyway your lovely, colorful quilt reminds me of Carolos Santana and his music which I have always loved and enjoyed.  Congratulations on your awards.

nina.sho@terra.com.br wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Wednesday, 14 October 2009, 1:10 PM

Very Obliged! Its compliment is very important for me and also very affectionate. Carlos Santana always inhaled to me with its music. Joni, thus I go to create courage to place more works here! Very Obliged!

Stephanie wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Wednesday, 14 October 2009, 1:27 PM

Beautiful quilts. You are truly an artist. Congratulaitons on your awards, you are truly deserving.

Kris wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Wednesday, 14 October 2009, 4:50 PM

Lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing with us.

Patti wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Thursday, 15 October 2009, 5:01 PM

e tao bonito!  Eu falo poquinho de portuques.  More no Belo Horizonte por um ano, ja faiz 40 anos.  Agora nem tenho um dicionario i confundo o espanhol com o protuques.  Bem venido.

Patti wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Thursday, 15 October 2009, 5:05 PM

E tao bonito.  Eu falo um poquinho de portuques.  Eu foi um estudante de intercambio em Belo Horizonte, ja faiz 40 anos.  Agora confundo o portuques com espanhol.  Bem venido

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Thursday, 15 October 2009, 10:02 PM

Your work is exquisite!

MNnancy wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Thursday, 15 October 2009, 10:21 PM

Your beautiful quilt expresses the rhythm and joy of the guitar music!

Nana wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Thursday, 15 October 2009, 11:56 PM

Your quilt is breathtaking....I can feel the rhythmof music  but there is also the fluid movement seen when a community struggles with change.    The ncolors and technique are wonderful

Nana

Jutta wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Monday, 19 October 2009, 12:00 AM

Great piece of art. Congrats on your quilt.

Thea wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Monday, 19 October 2009, 12:22 AM

simone - beautiful work - thank you for sharing with us - I am sure that all your work would be welcome to be shown here.

God bless,

thea

janmulford@yahoo.com wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Thursday, 22 October 2009, 12:37 PM

I love your quilt. I love bright colors and your work is beautiful. You are a true artist!

grits@musick7.net wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Thursday, 22 October 2009, 4:48 PM

What a beautiful creative piece of art.  You are truly gifted and I hope you continue making such wonderful pieces of art.  Quilting is an art and you have a wonderful talent.  I love the colors and can feel the music you display in your quilt.

Linda Lou wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Saturday, 24 October 2009, 2:15 PM

Simone,

Beautiful quilt!  Please, please post more of your quilts.  This one is awesome.  I can look at it and visualize the music and the rhythm of the music.  Do not be afraid to post more quilts.  This is way beyond my skill level. I love it.

Linda Lou

nina.sho@terra.com.br wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Saturday, 24 October 2009, 3:44 PM

I am so happy in reading as many pretty commentaries! I never believed that my work so was commented thus, after all they make quilt universal and they are very recognized for this pretty work! Thanks for all the words and for all. I can perceive that I am in the certain way! Yours is wonderful! Patti, seu português é maravilhoso! Depois de 40 anos ele continua ótimo! Melhor ainda foi ler em meu idioma. Muito obrigada!

Thanks

Anita wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Saturday, 24 October 2009, 6:01 PM

Beautiful quilts. You are truly an artist. Congratulaitons on your awards

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Sunday, 25 October 2009, 7:24 PM

Wow!! Mui Bonito!  (I think that's close to very pretty!)...I love the quilt & you are a wonderful artist!

gini wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Friday, 20 November 2009, 1:28 AM

simone, your quilt is stunning     i love your colors,  the vibrancy, every thing    great quilt.   gini

Diane S. wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 3:19 PM

WOW great quilt. Love your work.

Cindy Rhoades wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Thursday, 7 January 2010, 1:43 AM

Fantástico! Sua edredão é maravilhosa. Nós don' necessidade de t de falar o mesmos quando nossa língua for " Quilting".

Helen Bell wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Thursday, 7 January 2010, 9:03 AM

such lovely work Nina...you should be very proud...it is beautiful like it's maker...thank you for sharing

Sherril wrote re: "Untuning" by Simone Guardiola
on Friday, 16 April 2010, 2:12 PM

Beautiful colors and put together with a very creative flair.  Congratulations on your well-deserved awards and definitely post more of your work as it's finished.  Keep on stitching!!!!