"Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage

Here are photos of my Yo Yo Quilt. Many thanks!

Comments

Thea wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 7:02 PM

wow!  knowing how long it takes me to make 1 yoyo... I applaud you on your work - this is absolutely beautiful!

thank you for sharing!

God bless,

Thea

chgaydon@yahoo.com wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 7:19 PM

I've spent the past year working on a quilt for my sister made entirely of yo yos. My design is different but one thing they will have in common, you gotta love someone a lot to make one of these. I'm trying to replace one my sister had inherited from a great grandmother (or maybe that's 2 greats) , but time took its toll on that one and it has literally disintegrated. I know she will appreciate every stitch involved. Congratulations on your finished, VERY beautiful quilt.

Wrapped in Threads wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 7:42 PM

Bless your H E A R T....

Questions:

Why did you start this project -

How long was it in the making -

At what age did you finish this -

Are you or have you made any other Yo Yo projects -

Gentle Hugs,

Wrapped in Threads

Kris wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 8:04 PM

Joni, these are great. I thought of making either a yo-yo quilt (never made yo-yos at all) or a GFG.

You did a beautiful job. Very inspiring.

Anita wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 9:26 PM

wow! I applaud you on your work -

absolutely beautiful!

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 9:45 PM

Great job and love the scrappy look but I don't think I would have the patience to do one of these.

Deb Kienow wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 9:46 PM

Great job, Joni!  An avid quilter I just met, had finished a yo yo quilt for her sister that was started by her grandmother.  It took her 10 years and she had over 10,000 yo yo's that she made.  She wanted it done by her sister's fiftieth anniversary.  She made made the deadline.  It was special because the sister was ousted from the family from marrying out of the family faith.  The quilter wanted her sister to have something from her grandmother.  You both have lots of ambition to finish a project like this!!!

EVELYNB-3 wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 6:11 AM

Very ambitious quilt and very pretty.  Patience is a virtue for sure.

Stephanie wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 6:23 AM

Joni, I posted comments in the forum, but the picture of seeing this quilt on the bed is stunning.

Joni wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 7:57 AM

Correction please:  I did not make this quilt but purchased it in NC from a special lady, a very talented lady.  I plan to finish it with a simple muslin backing as shown above my quilt pics in the YoYo quilt thread.

Liz  Thanks so much for posting my YoYo quilt..

Ladies!

Thanks, it is a gorgeous quilt, I bought it from a sweet lady in the hills of NC.  She was going to put it in a yard sale, but allowed me to purchase it instead.  This lady lives in an assisted living home and I believe is in early stages of Alzheimers.  Yes, after seein the above post of a finished YoYo with a simple tied backing of what appears to be muslin, I thnk that is how I will finish this beautiful work of art.

My sister, who knows this lady is getting the info about her and the quilt, I plan to attach this information on the back, hopefully with a photo.  I'm so blessed she allowed me to get this quilt, I treasure it already, although, there are many hour of work left to do.  I hope to begin this in a couple months, nice cold weather project with the wood stove burning bright and warm.  I will definitely be warmed many times over before it is completed.

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments.  I will be sure she gets to see them and perhaps even read them online when I next visit my sister in North Caroline, probably Thanksgiving.

Joni

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strength me.  Phillipians 4:13

Joni wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 8:01 AM

P.S.  I'm seriously considering making muslin yoyo's and try to edge the quilt similar to the one on the posted by KathyC on YoYo Quilt.  It is simple yet gives the quilt an elegant finish.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 5:57 PM

Joni--

That would indeed add an elegant finish, but the quilt is already exquisite as it is, so either way you have a real treasure here.

Joni wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Thursday, 1 October 2009, 12:12 PM

Thank You Joyce!  At the moment I'm trying to complete the Paper Doll Quilt for my neice.  She is eagerly awaiting it.  I'm planning on letting her help cut out the clothing, that will truly make it HERS.

Nana wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 6 October 2009, 9:32 AM

Wow.   THis quilt is absolutely gorgeous.  I wish I had the patience for all those little yoyos .

Nancy

Bianca wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 6 October 2009, 10:36 AM

Your quilt is gorgeous!!!!

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Sunday, 11 October 2009, 10:23 AM

It's beautiful.

Gagoo wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 7:04 PM

Beautiful, I am new to quilting. How did you attach it to the backing?

Elaine wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Friday, 16 October 2009, 9:29 PM

Wow, that's beautiful.

Ruth wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 5:52 AM

I love the setting!

Marie wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Saturday, 24 October 2009, 8:30 AM

Wow!  "God Bless" the very patient lady who made this gorgeous quilt!

Jeri Matthews wrote re: "Yo Yo Quilt" by Joni Gage
on Wednesday, 27 January 2010, 9:49 AM

What a unique beautiful quilt.