"Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin

My niece started to college this fall. The school mascot is a Bobcat and the colors are black and red.  It was very difficult to find bobcat fabric. After much searching, the one I found was a black drawing on white.

I used fabric crayons to color the cats.  I made a paw print stamp from 3/4 "  foam insulation board. I used fabric paint on the paw print in the center of the log cabin blocks. I put the cats on the border.

There is a red fabric with tiny black paw prints and a black fabric with  tiny red paw prints.  I used a graduated mostly white to mostly black and the same for red, as in black and white and red all over!

Herbie Morin

Comments

gini wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Sunday, 4 October 2009, 12:35 AM

herbie,  very inventive,  great quilt  gini

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Sunday, 4 October 2009, 5:12 PM

Herbie--

Great solutions for your bobcat quilt.  Nice job.

Stephanie wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Sunday, 4 October 2009, 5:53 PM

Herbie, What a great gift. Ashley must love it, and what an incredible amount oof work for you to "color" in the Bobcats. You did a great job. I like the fabrics you chose as well. thanks for sharing.

Kris wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Monday, 5 October 2009, 11:40 PM

This is fantastic. Nice job, great quilt.

Thea wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Wednesday, 7 October 2009, 8:16 PM

Herbie, All I can say is WOW!  That is so so cool!  I love how you did the cats and the paws.  Absolutely fantastic.

God bless,

Thea

Anita wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Wednesday, 7 October 2009, 9:26 PM

Herbie, What a great gift.Nice job, great quilt.

Patricia wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Thursday, 8 October 2009, 11:23 AM

What a cute theme...I could do similar for my nephew in black and gold with the mighty Florida panthers in theme

Patricia

Marie wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Thursday, 8 October 2009, 7:49 PM

Nice job Herbie!  Your niece will be the envy of her school!  So much work to make it just right.  Congratulations!

Judy Iliff wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Saturday, 10 October 2009, 11:49 PM

What a lot of work, Herbie! Great quilt. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Sunday, 11 October 2009, 12:59 AM

Very nice Herbie, I bet your niece is just loving this quilt!

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Sunday, 11 October 2009, 10:13 AM

I needed that blouse for my retreat!  LOL...

I love this quilt...very inventive & great colors/placement.

Jutta wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Monday, 19 October 2009, 12:11 AM

What a lucky niece. This is truly a beautiful quilt.

dlmaloney wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Thursday, 22 October 2009, 11:08 AM

Herbie,

I don't suppose you want to share where you got the bobcat fabric?

I have been searching for some to make a quilt to raffle for my son's school.

Great job on that quilt - your neice will love it and all her friends will be jealous!

Pamela Windspirit wrote re: "Ashley's Bobcat Quilt" by Herbie Morin
on Thursday, 29 October 2009, 2:30 PM

How very clever of you to color the bobcat.  I never would have thought of it.  Great quilt, I bet your niece is crazy about it.