"Quilt for My First Grandchild" by Norma Lombardo

My first grandchild is due to be born in mid-February 2010.  While home for a recent visit, my daughter and I lovingly picked the fabrics for this quilt.  I've made plenty of quilts for babies, but never have I sewn in as much love as I did in this one!  I found the pattern in the Fall 2009 "Baby Quilts" magazine from the publisher of "Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting".  I so enjoy looking at others' quilts in the Show and Tell portion of the web site; I wanted to share my most recent creation.

Norma Lombardo

Comments

gini wrote re: "Quilt for My First Grandchild" by Norma Lombardo
on Sunday, 27 September 2009, 10:41 PM

norma, congratulations. grandbabies are the most wonderful inventions.     and your quilt is beautiful   gini

Thea wrote re: "Quilt for My First Grandchild" by Norma Lombardo
on Monday, 28 September 2009, 12:34 AM

Norma, congratulations - first grand babies are so so special!  Your grand child will love this quilt.  You did a beautiful job!  Thank you for sharing with us.  I have another grand baby due in late Feb / early Mar 2010...

God bless,

Thea

Kris wrote re: "Quilt for My First Grandchild" by Norma Lombardo
on Monday, 28 September 2009, 1:06 AM

Ooh Norma, it's beautiful. I love the colours. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Quilt for My First Grandchild" by Norma Lombardo
on Monday, 28 September 2009, 1:23 AM

Norma, what a lovely quilt.  It is so special because you picked out the fabric with your daughter. Becoming a grandma sure does change our outlook on things. What an exciting time, enjoy every minute of it.

Maria wrote re: "Quilt for My First Grandchild" by Norma Lombardo
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 11:07 AM

Norma, I love the quilt and the colors you chose with your daughter are wonderful. I know what you mean about sewing in all the stitches with so much love, when I made the Circle of Life quilt for my grand daughter I cried when it was completed because of the significance of the pattern. Congrats to you and your family.

Maria

Helen Bell wrote re: "Quilt for My First Grandchild" by Norma Lombardo
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 11:55 AM

Congratulations to be!! your quilt is lovely...

Anita wrote re: "Quilt for My First Grandchild" by Norma Lombardo
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 10:14 PM

Norma, congratulations - first grand babies are so so special!  You did a great job

Marie wrote re: "Quilt for My First Grandchild" by Norma Lombardo
on Saturday, 24 October 2009, 8:55 AM

Norma, being a grandma is just wonderful, enjoy enjoy enjoy!---------- spoil spoil spoil!  Your quilt is beautiful!