"Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego

My name is Jane Prario and this is our opportunity quilt for the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego that myself and my two quilting friends Sherri Necochea and Alice Saare designed and pieced.  It was quilted by another member of our guild Judi Sample.  This is our 2009--2010 opportunity quilt.  The center Hawaiian patterns were designed by Betti Runnels which is available in her pattern with the four different designs.  The border houses were a paper piecing pattern from my Sew Precise computer software.  We are looking forward to selling lots of tickets for this quilt.

Comments

Thea wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 10:18 PM

i imagine that you will sell tons of tickets for this - it is fabulous.  tell the woman who quilted it that it is an awesome job - not to say the applique was any less - it is great too.  thank you so much for sharing - I truly enjoyed looking at it and appreciated the close-up - I love looking at quilting stitches as i am still teaching myself this part of the quilting process.

God bless,

Thea

Kris wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 11:31 PM

This is fantastic. You're going to sell out of tickets.

gini wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 11:49 PM

you won't have any trouble selling these tickets   gini

Stephanie wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 6:27 AM

Beautiful from the designs, placement, piecing all the down to the quilting. Tour team effort should certainly pay off in tickets. Great job ladies.

Mercedes wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 7:48 AM

I have been wanting to make a Hawaiian quilt for years,but lack the courage for it.  You have inspired me:  I do not need to do a BIG block!!!

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 6:09 PM

Jane--

What a fabulous quilt.  Hawaiian applique has always been something I aspire to do some day.  Combining the technique with the traditional house and sawtooth blocks was so innovative.  And the quilting----!  It's altogether a total standout!

Beverly wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 11:27 PM

What a truly beautiful quilt. Having made Hawaiian applique pillows I know how much work that style is so I applaud you ladies. I like the way you combined the different styles. Good luck in your ticket sales.

Joni wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Thursday, 1 October 2009, 12:06 PM

What a fabulous quilt!  I always wanted to do a Hawiian quilt, but I need lots of practice appliqueing.  Not my forte, but I've seen many gorgeous Hawaiin quilts when I lived in Hawaii.   Where can one buy tickets for this awesome work of art?

bitsy wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Thursday, 1 October 2009, 3:27 PM

A beautiful job on your " little grass shack in Hawaii" quilt ladies, some one will be a lucky winner.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Sunday, 11 October 2009, 10:25 AM

Very pretty...love the border

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Sunday, 11 October 2009, 11:36 AM

Very nice and I agree you will not have any trouble selling tickets!

cjtata wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Monday, 12 October 2009, 5:32 PM

Wonderful job!!!  I have a pillow I bought in Hawaii from the cultural center and it was not fun to applique by hand.  I have to commend you.  Tickets should sell out is right!!

Marie wrote re: "Little Grass Shack in Hawaii" by the Sunshine Quilt Guild of San Diego
on Saturday, 24 October 2009, 8:40 AM

Congratulations ladies on this fabulous quilt!