"Oh, So Bright" and "It's a Wild Life" by Fran Dondelinger

This is the first quilt that I designed on EQ.  It was so fun to design my own pattern and then make the quilt and have it come out looking like the pattern.  My son sent me paint samples of the colors he wanted in the quilt.  I call it "Oh, So Bright".  He loves it and that is what counts.  I don't usually make quilts like this as I have a little trouble matching points.  I love to make pictures.

The second quilt is of a wall hanging I just finished for another son.  (I have 5 kids.)  I call this "It's a Wild Life".  My love is to paint pictures with fabric.
I have only been making quilts for a few years.  I am 74 years young and happy to have a hobby that makes me so happy.

Fran

Comments

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Oh, So Bright" and "It's a Wild Life" by Fran Dondelinger
on Friday, 25 September 2009, 11:57 AM

Fran--

Both of your quilts are stunning.  Love the colors in the first one, but the wall hanging is my favorite.  Looks like a painting.  Beautiful work.  Thanks for sharing.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Oh, So Bright" and "It's a Wild Life" by Fran Dondelinger
on Friday, 25 September 2009, 9:35 PM

All I can say is ... WOW!

Thea wrote re: "Oh, So Bright" and "It's a Wild Life" by Fran Dondelinger
on Saturday, 26 September 2009, 3:29 AM

Fran, Very nice quilts - I'd say you have an artistic eye - very nice paintings with fabric.  Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us!

God bless,

Thea

edaventiorr@gmail.com wrote re: "Oh, So Bright" and "It's a Wild Life" by Fran Dondelinger
on Saturday, 26 September 2009, 9:04 PM

Hi Fran,

I love both your projects.  You give me the incentive to go on as a relatively new quilter.  I'm just a couple of years younger than you, but have completed only one quilt.  I have several UFOs, so I guess that makes me a 'real' quilter.

Keep it up,

Edie

Stephanie wrote re: "Oh, So Bright" and "It's a Wild Life" by Fran Dondelinger
on Saturday, 26 September 2009, 9:14 PM

Hi Fran, I think at 74 you are definitely on top of your game! Learning EQ6 and designing your own (Wonderful) quilt is just amazing.  The wildlife quilt is excellent as well. Love your choice of colors.

Kris wrote re: "Oh, So Bright" and "It's a Wild Life" by Fran Dondelinger
on Monday, 28 September 2009, 1:12 AM

WOW Fran. Absolutely beautiful. The bright colours really work. Hats off to you.

Anita wrote re: "Oh, So Bright" and "It's a Wild Life" by Fran Dondelinger
on Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 10:17 PM

Both of your quilts are stunning, but the wall hanging is my favorite.

I'm an outdoor person.