"Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor

Hello!
Attached please find two pictures of the quilts I made.  I hand embroidered them.
On the "Night Before Christmas" quilt - the long arm quilter Trina Kirkvold quilted shingles on the roof, and pebbles in the sidewalk plus other designs throughout the quilt.  This is a pattern from Crabapple Hill designs.

The Snowman block of the month quilt also has added designs to each block . For example, January - snow flakes, February - hearts, September - ABC, and leaves in November. In October she has added "BOO" to the design.

I enjoyed making each of these quilts as I love hand work.

Comments

Carole Ann wrote re: "Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor
on Friday, 18 September 2009, 1:41 PM

Your quilts are very nice, and with all your hand work they are much more valuable.  Thanks for sharing.

Carole Ann

Carole Ann wrote re: "Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor
on Friday, 18 September 2009, 1:41 PM

Carole Ann

Barbara wrote re: "Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor
on Friday, 18 September 2009, 2:05 PM

I love your quilts!  It must have taken you a long time for all the hand work. Are they going to be Gift?

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor
on Friday, 18 September 2009, 8:36 PM

Shirley--

Your hand embroidered quilts are so lovely.  Thank you for posting them for us to see.

gini wrote re: "Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor
on Saturday, 19 September 2009, 1:00 AM

shirley, beautiful quilts, thanks for showing them   gini

Stephanie wrote re: "Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor
on Saturday, 19 September 2009, 10:16 AM

Hi Shirley, Beautiful quilts. I especially like the way you angled what would normally have been a rectangle of pinwheels. It adds a lot of interest and really keeps you looking around at all the detail. Also love the designs of the houses and the angled rows of trees. It is just lovely and quite unique. I don't want to make the snowmen quilt jealous, it is pretty as well, but for some reason my computer doesn't recognize blue as well and the designs don't show as well as red. What great heirlooms. Thanks for sharing

Kris wrote re: "Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor
on Saturday, 19 September 2009, 4:53 PM

Absolutely beautiful Shirley

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor
on Saturday, 19 September 2009, 10:24 PM

These are sooo cute!  I love doing hand embroidery.  Working on the embroidery machine tonight...doing some blocks or a retreat...no time to hand do them.

I think your quilts are very nice, the quilter did a great job to enhance your hand work... kudos to you both!

Marge

Thea wrote re: "Night Before Christmas" and "Snowman" by Shirley Taylor
on Saturday, 26 September 2009, 3:39 AM

Shirley - I love Crabapple designs - I made a snowman quilt myself - it took me a while but love the hand embroidery - you did an outstanding job - thank you so much for sharing.

God bless,