"Family Tree" by Judy Thomas

I was trying to come up with a way to help the extended family figure out where they fit into the family for an up coming family reunion. I started out with poster board and couldn't figure anything out, then I thought of fabric. Since fabric speaks to me in so many ways, the tree came easy. Getting all the people on it was not as easy.  I have told everyone you may add to the family but no take aways!

Comments

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Family Tree" by Judy Thomas
on Friday, 18 September 2009, 8:39 PM

Love your Family Tree quilt

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Family Tree" by Judy Thomas
on Saturday, 19 September 2009, 10:33 PM

I am into genealogy big time...love this quilt...is it a pattern, or did you wing it?

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Family Tree" by Judy Thomas
on Saturday, 19 September 2009, 10:34 PM

Well, had I read your note...so you just made it up...cool, will have to put on my "I want to make list"

Kris wrote re: "Family Tree" by Judy Thomas
on Tuesday, 22 September 2009, 7:37 PM

This is great Judy. I like the two colours in the tree trunk. Fantastic quilt. How big is it?

leighkitchens@verizon.net wrote re: "Family Tree" by Judy Thomas
on Saturday, 17 October 2009, 3:00 PM

Wow, I love your quilt! I am a geneology buff, and have been looking for a pattern that would show more than just a couple of generations. So, I am inspired by your creativity. Are the names printed onto fabric from a computer?

Diane S. wrote re: "Family Tree" by Judy Thomas
on Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 2:04 PM

WOW!!!  Great Quilt, just love the family tree.  You should enter in a magazine.

gini wrote re: "Family Tree" by Judy Thomas
on Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 2:30 PM

judy, you made a wonderful family heirloom.  great job.   gini

ibesewkool wrote re: "Family Tree" by Judy Thomas
on Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 11:52 PM

This is absolutely the best family tree quilt I have seen.  Your are very ingenious!  I am doing my husbands and my family tree.  I would love to do something like this for my Mom, but I'm not sure I have your tenacity to get such a project done!  I love it.  Great job!