"Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright

Attached are pictures of my latest quilt.   At the request of my daughter-in-law I made a quilt for my 4 year-old granddaughter's new bedroom. She loves butterflies, so I incorporated embroidered butterflies, framed them and put them in a log-cabin design with her favorite colors.

I also made her a pillow to finish the set. She loved it.

Here's a process shot:

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Thursday, 3 September 2009, 6:21 PM

Silva,

I love the quilt you made for your granddaughter.  It is so pretty and feminine, she will love it.  Thanks for sharing.

jacwil026@yahoo.com wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Thursday, 3 September 2009, 7:10 PM

This quilt is so right for a young girl.

Anita wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Thursday, 3 September 2009, 9:20 PM

I love the quilt you made for your granddaughter

This quilt is so right for a young girl. Love the embroidered butterflies,

What a wonderful job you did.

Anita

Thea wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Friday, 4 September 2009, 3:31 AM

Silvia, I just love butterflies - they mean a great deal to me and i love your butterfly quilt.  I know that your grand daughter will have lots of fun with this quilt for years to come.  Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

God bless,

Thea

Stephanie wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Friday, 4 September 2009, 5:45 AM

Sylvia, What a labor of love this quilt must have been for you and so worth the efforts. It's just beautiful. I do machine embroidery myself and can truly appreciate all of the hoopings and color changes. The pictures couldn't possibly do this quilt justice with all the beautiful threads in the butterflies. truly a gem.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Friday, 4 September 2009, 9:47 PM

Wow...love the colors & you did a great job!

gini wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Saturday, 5 September 2009, 1:45 AM

what a perfect quilt for a little girl.   are all the butterflies different?   what  a special grandmother that little girl has.     gini

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Saturday, 5 September 2009, 1:00 PM

Silvia--

Love the soft color palette you used for the butterfly quilt blocks, contrasting with a brighter border print.  The butterflies are beautiful.  Talented grandma, lucky little girl.

JDKruse wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Saturday, 5 September 2009, 6:56 PM

It is absolutely beautiful.  Using the log cabin to frame each square was a great idea.  Thanks for sharing.

Rochelle wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Sunday, 6 September 2009, 9:29 PM

Re: Quilt for My Granddaughter:

It is a beautiful Quilt. I know your granddaughter will love it and her butterfly pillow too!

Kris wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Tuesday, 8 September 2009, 8:35 PM

Beautiful quilt Sylvia. The embroidery is fantastic. I really like the fabrics too.

YANKEEGIRL wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Friday, 11 September 2009, 11:14 AM

A VERY SPECIAL GRANDMOTHER

Pat wrote re: "Quilt for My Granddaughter" by Silvia Wright
on Friday, 11 September 2009, 2:37 PM

What a wonderful way to incorporate machine embroidery with log cabin.  Thanks for sharing