"Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee

Pattern:  Triangle Tango

Designer:  Roseann Meehan Kermes

Pieced and machine quilted by Francine Lee.

Completed July 2009

I found this pattern in the Spring 2009 issue of Quilts & More.  I liked it but thought it needed brighter colors and would be cute for my grandson who had just switched to a "big-boy" bed.  I went to my local shop with an idea of what I wanted anf then saw the frog material that was perfect for the border and everything else fell into place after that.  He loves it and so do I.

Comments

gini wrote re: "Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee
on Tuesday, 1 September 2009, 11:21 AM

beautiful quilt and i love the stripes.  is that the big boy under neath?   looks like he is breaking it in just fine.   gini

Francine wrote re: "Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee
on Tuesday, 1 September 2009, 4:05 PM

Yes, he loves Mema's magic and it worked again, after spending a day with him I am ready to crawl in with him...

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee
on Tuesday, 1 September 2009, 4:13 PM

Francine, the quilt is beautiful.  I love the bright colors.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee
on Tuesday, 1 September 2009, 9:54 PM

Love your quilt and it looks like it's a big hit with your grandson as well.  Great colors and I, too, love the stripes.

Helen Bell wrote re: "Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee
on Tuesday, 1 September 2009, 10:45 PM

ahhh cute... quilt and what a cute sleeping child...you could have ten when they are asleep like that

Thea wrote re: "Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee
on Wednesday, 2 September 2009, 12:52 AM

Francine, I remember seeing that quilt in the magazine - I like yours a lot better - so great in the bright colors - you get a gold star!  Your Grandson will love this quilt for years to come...frogs are great for little boys.

God bless,

Thea

Kris wrote re: "Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee
on Wednesday, 2 September 2009, 3:25 AM

Such a cute photo. Nice to see a quilt being loved. Love what you did with this pattern. Thanks for sharing.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee
on Friday, 4 September 2009, 9:44 PM

Your color choice was perfect!  Looks like the little "big boy" loves it too!

Stephanie wrote re: "Triangle Tango" by Francine Lee
on Friday, 4 September 2009, 9:55 PM

Oh Francine, Just look at him sound asleep with his hand up on his quilt like he's going to clutch it if anyone tries to take it off. Priceless. You did a beautiful job and i have a feeling your grandson will be attached to this for years to come. Thanks for sharing.