"Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard

I live in Alberta, Canada.  I am sending in a picture of my most recent quilt that was made for my Granddaughter Victoria.  This is a sampler quilt with jewel tone colors.  I built it longer than usual as she is almost 6 feet tall at 15 yrs. of age.  Her mother, my daughter, is holding the other end.  I started quilting about 9 years ago - I took a few classes to get direction and have made a variety of quilts for mostly family members and friends.  This one I really enjoyed as I love the colors and I enjoyed doing the sample blocks from "Teach yourself Blocks from the Past" by Marie Henry.  It was hard to part with this quilt but I was rewarded with a big hug and kiss so it was certainly worth it.

Comments

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Friday, 28 August 2009, 12:49 PM

Love the colors and the borders.  Beautiful job

shaleba27 wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Friday, 28 August 2009, 1:31 PM

I absolutely love this quilt.  The colors are great and so is the workmanship.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Friday, 28 August 2009, 3:09 PM

Beautiful quilt Linda, you did a  wonderful job!

Kris wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Friday, 28 August 2009, 11:54 PM

Very nice Linda.

Sandy H. wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Saturday, 29 August 2009, 7:23 PM

Beautiful quilt Linda.  Victoria is one lucky girl.

Thea wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Saturday, 29 August 2009, 7:57 PM

Linda - Wow 6' at 15 - does she play basketball?  That is what they would be asking here in OU and OSU country.  Beautiful quilt - I imagine she is a very happy grand daughter and proud to have you as her Grand mom.  You made a beautiful quilt... I enjoy sampler quilts also.  I find it hard to part with each of my quilts till i start the next one and then that one is my new favorite...  Great job!!

God bless,

Althea

Diane Bremer wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Sunday, 30 August 2009, 7:19 AM

Love the colors.

sissi wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Sunday, 30 August 2009, 12:46 PM

Very nice quilt...love the colors....HEY! from a Canadian quilter!

Celine

gini wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Sunday, 30 August 2009, 1:31 PM

linda,   that is one lovely quilt.   you make some pretty cute kids , too    gini

Pat wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Monday, 31 August 2009, 9:45 AM

I can understand how hard it was for you to part with such a beautiful quilt.  But the rewards make it all worth while.

Thanks for sharing.

Pat

Anita wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Wednesday, 2 September 2009, 11:30 PM

absolutely love this quilt.  The colors are great

Anita

ljmillard wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Thursday, 3 September 2009, 9:20 AM

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.  yes she is one tall young lady and still growing-her father is 6'8" and her brother is as tall as Dad.  Thanks again everyone.  You made my day!

Jean Fraser wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Thursday, 3 September 2009, 10:14 AM

Beautiful quilt and very pretty girls. you must be proud!!! :-) I love the colors.

Jean

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Friday, 4 September 2009, 9:40 PM

I love jewel tones!  You did a great job on this quilt... I'll have to look for the book you mentioned.

jay-marie wrote re: "Sampler Quilt for Victoria" by Linda Millard
on Monday, 14 September 2009, 9:30 AM

Linda this is a beautiful quilt I am sure your Grandaughter will treasure it more than any real Jewels.