"Blue" from Bridget Oglesby

This is the second quilt top that I've pieced together. It's not quilted yet. I would like to machine quilt it myself after I learn how to do that.

Comments

Pat wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Wednesday, 26 August 2009, 11:11 AM

Beautiful colors. How do you think you will quilt it.?

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Wednesday, 26 August 2009, 12:10 PM

Bridget--

Your quilt is really lovely.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Wednesday, 26 August 2009, 11:18 PM

Bridget,

I really like your quilt, it is very pretty!

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Thursday, 27 August 2009, 10:16 AM

Bridget,

You did a fantastic job on your second quilt top.  You selected colors that look very nice together and the piecing looks good, as well.  Have fun quilting it.

Jennifer wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Thursday, 27 August 2009, 2:29 PM

Oooo--  I really like it!  I like the colors and the light and dark.  I may have to try this!

Happy wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Thursday, 27 August 2009, 2:59 PM

Bridget it looks like it went fast. It is not hard to michanie quilt I do it because I do not have the extra cash to send it out and beside I like to say I did it all my on my own

MNnancy wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Thursday, 27 August 2009, 6:39 PM

I like your quilt!  A book I found very helpful when I did my first quilting on my standard sewing machine was "One Line at a Time" by Charlotte Andersen (C&T Pub - also available at Amazon.com)  It takes you beyond stitch in the ditch, but it's more controlled than free motion.  It features a lot of geometric shapes including some curves using templates provided in the book and/or simple blue paint tape for guidelines.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Thursday, 27 August 2009, 10:09 PM

Very pretty...excellent job with the assembly...everything looks perfect!

Sissy wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Friday, 28 August 2009, 7:48 AM

Very nice quilt top.  The colors go well with each other and your piecing was very accurate.  Good job!  Have fun quilting it.-------Sissy

Kris wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Friday, 28 August 2009, 11:59 PM

Very pretty, Bridget. Blue is my favourite colour. I'd love to see a photo after you've quilted it.

Sandy H. wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Saturday, 29 August 2009, 7:28 PM

Bridget, very pretty.  Your choice of fabrics makes this easy pattern look fantastic.  Good job.

gini wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Sunday, 30 August 2009, 1:44 PM

bridget, very nice i love blue quilts and you did a good job   placing your fabrics   gini

Thea wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Wednesday, 2 September 2009, 3:01 PM

Bridget, That is a beautiful quilt - my favorite color is blue and I have made a ton of blue quilts... i think that an overall meandering would look great on it and it is an easy pattern to do for a first or 2nd time machine quilting.  I think you did a great job for just your 2nd quilt... I think you are hooked and we are glad to have you in the quilting world.  You get one of my famous quilting songs... don't mind please that I sing a little off key... a quilting we will go - a quilting we will go - hi ho the dairy oh  - a quilting we will go!!! YIPPEEE!!!!

God bless, Thea

Anita wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Wednesday, 2 September 2009, 11:42 PM

Very pretty, Bridget.

Blue is my favourite colour.

I'd love to see a photo after you've quilted it.

Anita

Sissy wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Tuesday, 15 September 2009, 1:45 PM

I love that pattern.  Cute color combination.  Have you quilted it yet?

Stephanie wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Tuesday, 15 September 2009, 2:47 PM

Bridget, Great job. I am always amazed to see the combination of fabrics that people put together to come up with beautiful quilts. I reall like your graduation from dark to light. Keep up the good work.

bookdocmarie wrote re: "Blue" from Bridget Oglesby
on Saturday, 19 September 2009, 6:24 PM

beautiful. love this block as well as your choice of colors.  very nice job.