"Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell

I have attached the photo of the baby quilt and a close up showing the detail of the embroidery and quilting. I take care of a 13 year old girl, Gracie, who has Rett Syndrome and can neither talk nor walk nor control any portion of her body yet is intelligent and bright. Her older married sister became pregnant so I looked for a quilt pattern that Gracie could participate in the making of the quilt. I choose this one because she could pick the color of embroidery floss. This quilt took me 5 months to complete.

As you can imagine, the quilt was received with great joy. This morning Emilia delivered a healthy baby boy.

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Monday, 24 August 2009, 8:16 AM

Beverly,

The quilt is lovely.  Even more so is the fact that you let Gracie be involved in it.  I'm sure that means a lot to Gracie and her parents.  The quilt will be very special to the older sister.  You are a kind person to do that.  Thanks for sharing.

Thea wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Monday, 24 August 2009, 3:25 PM

Beverly, You have gained yourself a jewel for your heavenly crown!  what an awesome thing that you did with this little girl.  You are a wonderful person.  I am always amazed at how wonderful quilting women and men are.  I applaud you and am sending you some virtual quilting chocolate!  Thank you so much for sharing your story and your quilt with us!

God bless,

Althea

Linda Lou wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Monday, 24 August 2009, 3:41 PM

Beverly,

You have touched my heart with your story.  You are truly a very special person and deserve a special place in heaven.  Just to have the patience to keep someone like Gracie, and then to take the time to include her in your quilting.  Wow!!!!

I love the quilt and I am sure her big sister will cherish this quilt  above all others as Gracie had a part in its completion.  I KNOW her parents must be overwhelmed with your Godly ministry with Gracie.

Linda Lou

CJ Hines wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Tuesday, 25 August 2009, 6:06 PM

Your quilting and embroidery is stunning--I love the colors you used in the quilt. Gracie did a great job of helping you with it.

still learning wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Wednesday, 26 August 2009, 1:29 AM

The Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP is really touching and all the more special because Gracie was able to add her input.  Wonderful gift.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Friday, 28 August 2009, 1:12 AM

I think this was a wonderful way to allow Gracie to be involved!  The quilt is beautiful!

Sandy H. wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Saturday, 29 August 2009, 7:41 PM

Tell Gracie she did a great job!  And your part isn't so bad either! LOL

Really pretty.

Beverly wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Saturday, 12 September 2009, 11:59 PM

Thanks Althea for the virtual chocolate! Thank you to all of the quilters for your wonderful comments. I don't get to spend time with any quilters so this is a nice way to get feed back.

Kris wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Sunday, 13 September 2009, 12:41 AM

Beautiful quilt Beverly. I love the work you put into it. So nice of you to let Gracie help.

Sorry I missed this before.

Marie wrote re: "Baby Quilt for Emilia and JP" from Beverly Powell
on Saturday, 27 March 2010, 8:13 PM

Gracie is one lucky girl to have such a caring person in her life, God Bless you Beverly.  The quilt is lovely and sure to be enjoyed by Gracie's sister and her nephew.