"Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton

Pattern:  Floral Delight

Designer:  Lori Smith

Hand appliquéd and long arm quilted by Laura Taivalkoski Hamilton.

Completed July 2009

It took me nearly 3 ½ years to finish this beauty.  I worked on it mainly while riding in the car, waiting for doctors, or while on vacation or travelling.  I think this is an absolutely outstanding way to turn dead time into something wonderful.

Comments

Pat wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Friday, 14 August 2009, 1:09 PM

I can truly believe it took 3 years to make.  What a wonderful quilt.

Jo Ann Simmons wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Friday, 14 August 2009, 2:32 PM

This is gorgeous and way beyond my talent range.  Congratulations for a beautiful creation.

gini wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Friday, 14 August 2009, 3:54 PM

laura, thanks for sharing your stunning quilt.  i love the border.    i also do projects on the road, in the airplanes, and while waiting for drs.  etc.   i have one hand piece i am working on that can travel easily, and i have at least one project completely cut out with duplicate instructions   needles thread, etc.   so if i need to leave in a hurry i just grab the container with the project and go .  no hunting for stuff.   gini

Kris wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Friday, 14 August 2009, 7:39 PM

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Sunday, 16 August 2009, 12:42 AM

"Floral Delight" is absolutely stunning and a true delight for the eyes.  Beautiful work!

Barbara wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Sunday, 16 August 2009, 12:27 PM

This is absolutely beautiful. I have not attempted hand appilque.  Probably because of the time involved.  It looks so hard to do.

ceecee wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Sunday, 16 August 2009, 6:01 PM

This is georgeous. . .I applaud your talent. . .it would take me probably 30 years to complete somthing like this. . .thanks for sharing!

ceecee

Deb wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Monday, 17 August 2009, 4:14 AM

what a gorgeous quilt love it!! it was worth the 3 years!!

Helen Bell wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Monday, 17 August 2009, 12:24 PM

WOW!!! that is amazing...beautiful

JDKruse wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Wednesday, 19 August 2009, 3:40 PM

Absolutely beautiful!  I've tried handquilting once and couldn't get the stictches even.  I don't think I have the patience.  I machine quilt everything.  I have arthritis in my hands so I'm better off using the machine anyway.

Stephanie wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Wednesday, 19 August 2009, 6:21 PM

Look at all the detail. Wow. If we all took the dead time and were as motivated as you just imagine what we could accomplish. Beautiful job Laura.

Thea wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Thursday, 20 August 2009, 4:54 PM

Lori, Awesome quilt - you tackled and scored with this one... Great job I absolutely bow down to your talent.  great job!

God bless,

Althea

Mary Williams wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Friday, 21 August 2009, 12:30 PM

Absolutely beautiful!  What a treasure!

Linny t wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Friday, 21 August 2009, 9:49 PM

The thing about quilts that you make by hand like this beauty is that you remember what you were going through, who you were, who was with you, etc. while you made it.  Just think of all the living you sewed into this quilt!

Another thing is that you have done this in your "off" time.  It makes me think of how much time I waste each year.  Wow!  I guess it's kind of like saving pennies...the minutes add up...and now you have such a masterpiece!

What a beautiful quilt!

Jennifer wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Thursday, 27 August 2009, 2:33 PM

This is an absolutely beautiful quilt!  I love the colors.  And it took you only 3 years?  It would have taken me much longer.  What beautiful work!

Jutta wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Sunday, 30 August 2009, 12:38 AM

Laura, this is a beautiful piece of art. I love it!. Those colors are just gorgeous besides the wonderful pattern.

Annette wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Monday, 31 August 2009, 8:30 AM

All I can say is WOW! Your quilt is gorgeous. Congratulations for a beautiful creation. Annette

Judy Iliff wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Saturday, 5 September 2009, 11:57 PM

Well, I was going to write what Annette wrote - all I can say is wow! It is stunning!

nclesko@asu.edu wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Sunday, 6 September 2009, 3:23 PM

well done, Laura....I love the quilt.

Eileen wrote re: "Floral Delight" from Laura Hamilton
on Monday, 26 October 2009, 9:37 PM

Laura, this is stunning! I'm not at a point to try anything like this yet but sure appreciate it when people with your talent share the results. I'm sure you'll treasure it for a long time.