"Mama's May Flower" from Barbara

This is from a class I took on stained glass. I learned a new method that was really alot of fun have used it on several old stained glass patterns since then.

Comments

gini wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 11:16 AM

barbara, that is beautiful, the pink fabric looks like it could be stained glass.   how is the little butterfly in the corner done.  is it machine applique?  it's a nice touch.   gini

Thea wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 4:09 PM

I love this Barbara and your border material - so great...very nice - I applaud you!

God bless,

Althea

bejeweled26459@msn.com wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 6:41 PM

i love this quilt . I think it's great !

Annette wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 7:44 PM

Barbara, your flower is beautiful. It looks like a fun class to take. Annette

Kris wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 7:52 PM

Barbara, this is beautiful. I love your border fabric.

Linda Lou wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 8:33 PM

Barbara, you are so talented.  I have 3 nativity scenes that are stained glass but I have not yet gotten up the courage to start them.  I would love to find a class around here somewhere to take.

It is a beautiful quilt.  Congratulations.

Linda Lou

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 11:10 PM

Barbara--

"Mama's May Flower" is sooo pretty!  Looks like it was lots of fun to do, too.  Very nice work.

Helen Bell wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Thursday, 13 August 2009, 1:21 PM

Linda I have taught lots of classes on fusible stained glass..if you want my directions I can post them...I have done lots of them and my technique doesn't matter which pattern you use..you just need my directions...it is fast fun and easy...i have taught people who have never done any sewing to expert and they like my technique

Barbara wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Sunday, 16 August 2009, 12:20 PM

Actually the fabric for the border (flowers) was material I had gotten to make my mother a housecoat.  But didn't get it done before she passed.  She loved flowers.  The butterfly is a free standing lace embroidery.  Just tack on so that the wings stand up.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Wednesday, 19 August 2009, 11:56 PM

That border will make this a great memory quilt for you.  I love the way the stained glass section looks.  What was the "new" method?  I used double fold bias tape and stitched it down with a twin needle...took forever!

Granma Sylvia wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Saturday, 22 August 2009, 1:21 PM

There is a class in northwestern Minnesota - on Aug 29.....  I plan on going to see the latest techniques. should be fun.

ceilkenvo@suddenlink.net wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Sunday, 23 August 2009, 8:27 PM

Barbara, You did such a great job!  Flowers and butterflies are my passion and you found a great way to incorporate both.

Dorothy Gordon wrote re: "Mama's May Flower" from Barbara
on Friday, 18 September 2009, 12:08 AM

Barbara:  The stained glass look is so  beautiful and the lace butterfly is just perfect.  Let us see some more of your work.

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.