"Red Beauty" from Annette

My 27 inch Feathered Star is made from Marti Michell's Perfect Patchwork Templates set. I used Michael Millers Fairy Frost fabric on both red and white to make it sparkle. I embroidered a swirl design in the middle and just free motion the rest of the quilt.   If you have any question about the quilt I will answer on site or you can e-mail me at www.Annettegrus@yahoo.com

Comments

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Friday, 7 August 2009, 11:09 AM

Very pretty!!!!! Is it going into a quilt?

Kris wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Friday, 7 August 2009, 11:11 AM

Very nice Annette. I really like the embroidery in the center.

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Friday, 7 August 2009, 11:29 AM

Annette,

I love your quilt.  It looks like a lot of work.  You did a great job.  Thanks for sharing.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Friday, 7 August 2009, 12:13 PM

Annette--

Beautiful.  What size is it?

Pat wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Friday, 7 August 2009, 12:22 PM

Beautiful quilt.  Love the colors and the sparkle.

Pat

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Friday, 7 August 2009, 12:29 PM

Annette:

It's wonderful!  I love the quilting (what I can see)...do you have a webshots album, or some way I can get a better  closeup view?

Marge Campbell

margecam52@valornet.com

Thea wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Friday, 7 August 2009, 12:31 PM

Annette, the swirl in the middle caught my eye... could you tell me how you did that - was it on your machine or by hand work.  I really like this and I love MM material - anyone around here or my guilds can tell you I love them - have used them in a lot of my quilts - they are just rich - make the quilt pop just a little more.

Great job!

God bless,

Althea

gini wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Saturday, 8 August 2009, 2:01 AM

annette, pretty pattern, and i love the swirl in the middle.  gini

ceecee wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Monday, 10 August 2009, 11:04 AM

Very nice. . . love the swirl in the middle. . .gives it "pop"

Annette wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 9:12 AM

Hi, everyone thanks for looking at my Star wallhanging. The swirl in the middle was a design I downloaded for my embroildery machine. I just thought it would look nice in the middle of the star. I do wish I had made the swirl a little bigger. I make another star after this one for my daughter and made the swirl larger and like it better. I did that one in gold and white and it turned out real pretty. Annette

gini wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 11:07 AM

annnette,  you could add some hand work, like beading to make it stand out more.  gini

gini wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 11:10 AM

annette, i went back and looked at it.   some  clear crystal beads in the center and some red ones on the swirl to define it and maybe a few more sprinkled out from the swirl to accentuate the ends of the swirls would be cool.  have you done beading before.  it is pretty easy, and if you are just doing a few it doesn't take much time    gini

Penny wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 5:44 PM

I've always wanted to do a feathered star! Annette, yours is beautiful! I was very interested that you used Marti Mitchel's templates. I'm going to look into that. Thanks for showing your work! You've inspired me.

Annette wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 6:59 PM

Ok Penny you made my day, I'm glad I can inspire you with my quilt. I loved making the star and will make it again with different materials so I can change it out. The red one reminds me alot of Christmas but I keep it up all the time anyways. Great idea about the beads everyone. I think I'll do that. Thanks for the help everyone. Annette

Linda Lou wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Wednesday, 12 August 2009, 8:46 PM

Annette,

Your quilt is stunning.  I love the swirl in the center and the way you quilted it as well.  The material you used is just perfect.  Way to go girl.  Thanks so much for sharing.  I am going to have to give that material a closer look--once I get past the 3 quilts I have in various stages in my sewing room.  Again, congratulations on a beautiful quilt.

Linda Lou

Barbara wrote re: "Red Beauty" from Annette
on Sunday, 16 August 2009, 12:38 PM

Very nice work.  I too love Fairy Frost, would like to own in every color!!!