"Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue

I recently pulled out this UFO.  All it needs is the binding.  I hope to make a bed skirt and shams to match.  This pattern is from "Mad about Plaid". I just love homespun fabric.  I'm keeping this one for the guest room.

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Monday, 3 August 2009, 8:45 AM

Pam,

'Shadow Plaid' is a lovely quilt.  That is a good idea to put it in the guest room.   Unless I give my quilts away, they usually end up on the quilt racks.  You did a great job.  Thanks for sharing.

Sandy H. wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Monday, 3 August 2009, 9:06 AM

Pam, this is beautiful.  I just love the color placement - it makes your eyes move all over the quilt.  I don't blame you for keeping this one.  I wouldn't give it away either.  Great job.

Pat wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Monday, 3 August 2009, 11:00 AM

Wow!  What a great way to use plaids.  Beautiful quilt.   Thanks for sharing.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Monday, 3 August 2009, 12:52 PM

Love it Pam, all those plaids.  I cannot keep a few stacks of strips straight, I would probably have all the rows messed up if I tried something like this HT to you.

Jean Fraser wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Monday, 3 August 2009, 1:50 PM

Beautiful Quilt Pam. I love plaids. You have done a wonderful job on it. :-)

Jean

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Monday, 3 August 2009, 10:07 PM

Pam--

You're quilt is so lovely and welcoming for a guest room.  But your guest may never want to leave!  I used to use plaids a lot, but haven't made anything with them lately.  Maybe my next project---

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Monday, 3 August 2009, 11:08 PM

I love a scrappy quilt..and your plaids are perfect!  Very pretty!

gini wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Tuesday, 4 August 2009, 2:17 AM

pam, i like the way the plaids sparkle in your quilt.  very nice, and great border.    gini

lynnb wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Wednesday, 5 August 2009, 7:16 AM

I'm not really a lover of plaids but this is just so gorgeous.  What a wonderful quilt!!  It makes me look at plaid in a whole new light.

mehood@comcast.net wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Wednesday, 5 August 2009, 8:56 AM

This one is definitely "A KEEPER."  I think it would make a great magazine cover!  There are lots of us out there who

avoid plaids.  However after seeing this beauty, I'm beginning to "bend a little" & consider adding plaids to my stash.

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely quilt.

Barbara wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Wednesday, 5 August 2009, 10:54 AM

Very pretty!  Really like the colors.

ceecee wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Wednesday, 5 August 2009, 11:18 AM

I love it. . .I too am Mad about Plaid!  thanks for sharing

ceecee

Thea wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Wednesday, 5 August 2009, 5:59 PM

This is a gorgeous quilt - if you love home spun - get a hold of me - I'll send you a small box worth - they were given to me and have just sat in the drawer... I doubt I will ever use them ... and if someone else can - that would be great -

Stephanie wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Friday, 21 August 2009, 8:15 AM

Beautiful job, Pam. I definitely would hang onto this one too. I'm in agreement with Spud about keeping them straight. My last homespun was flimsy and impossible to keep squared so I just didn't worry about it, because I'd have had to purchased double the fabric. I'm in awe.....

Boots wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Tuesday, 25 August 2009, 4:01 PM

What a lovely quilt.  I love the look of homespuns too but don't work with them a lot.  I hate the plaids that are woven or printed off grain - do you cut by the grain or the plaid.  I love using geometric prints and blenders.  From one Schue to another - way to step up to the plate and put one out of the park.

Kris wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Tuesday, 25 August 2009, 4:29 PM

Makes me want to go out and buy some plaid. Great Quilt.

shaleba27 wrote re: "Shadow Plaid" from Pam Schue
on Friday, 28 August 2009, 2:30 PM

This is definitely what a scrap quilt should look like.  Organized scrappy!  I love it!!!