"Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks

This was my first paper pieced project.  It is a donation quilt for Project Linus and is from a pattern in the January/February 2006 Quiltmaker.

Comments

Annette wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 9:30 AM

I love your colorful quilt. It is so cute. Annette

Barbara wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 9:45 AM

Your Ice Cream Quilt is so cute.  I am becoming addicted to looking at everyones quilts they are all inspiring.  Has made me want to quilt all the time.  Am actually getting some things done that have been on the shelf for months.

Barbara

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 11:27 AM

Sandy,

Very pretty quilt.  Good choice of colors, it will be good for either a boy or girl.  You are very kind to donate the quilt to Linus.  Thanks for sharing.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 4:11 PM

Sandy,

That is so cute, it just kind of cheers you up to look at it.

bailey4@aol.com wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 5:01 PM

Sandy,

Your ice cream quilt is absolutely fabulous!  I love the colors! Any child would be delighted to receive such a gift!

Jean Fraser wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 5:15 PM

Sandy,

I love your quilt. It looks yummy enough to eat lol. You have done a terrific job!

Jean

Thea wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 5:53 PM

Sandy - I just love that...the bright colors and the sprinkles - so so cute...

God bless,

Althea

Sandy H. wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 6:00 PM

Thank you all for you kind comments.  It was a learning experience and I appreciate the help I rec'd from the quilters on this site when I had paper piecing questions.

Kris wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Saturday, 1 August 2009, 1:42 AM

It's brilliant Sandy. Nice work.

laura wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Saturday, 1 August 2009, 11:51 AM

I could never post my first paper piecing.  What a learning experience it was.  Yours is great, what a good job.  Laura

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Saturday, 1 August 2009, 1:34 PM

Very nice job!  Some child is going to just love this quilt!

Colleen Avey wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Saturday, 1 August 2009, 3:47 PM

Sandy,

Where can I get the pattern for, "Ice Cream Cones"? I like doing paper piecing, and really like the pattern. Job well done.

Colleen Avey

Sandy H. wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Saturday, 1 August 2009, 7:06 PM

Colleen, it was in the January/February 2006 issue of Quiltmaker magazine.   If you'd like me send you a copy, e-mail me your mailing address at santom1996@embarqmail.com.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Saturday, 1 August 2009, 7:56 PM

Sandy--

Great job for a great cause.  I especially love your choices of fabrics for the scoops.

Jodie Davis wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Saturday, 1 August 2009, 8:26 PM

This is so fun seeing everyone's quilts!

~Jodie

gini wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Tuesday, 4 August 2009, 12:17 PM

sandy, what a cheerful quilt. i am currently working on a paper pieced pickle dish. i didn't like it at first, but i'm getting into it now.  it is counterintuitive for me to sew the stuff upside down, and i am still messing up occasionally.  lots of frog stitching on this one.  gini

ceecee wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Wednesday, 5 August 2009, 11:21 AM

I really like this quilt. . .I especially like the ice cream cone w/the dots on it. . .almost looks like sprinkles YUM!

ceecee

donnascubs@yahoo.com wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Wednesday, 5 August 2009, 2:26 PM

I think this quilt is just darling. I do have a question however, What is paper piecing? I'm very new at quilting. Thank You Donna

Rosemarie Andrako wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Saturday, 8 August 2009, 6:13 AM

Sandy I love your Ice Crean Cone, my grandson Jase would love it, that is all he ask for ice cream, if you have a pattern for it I  would love to have it, or do you know where I can get one?

Rose (who can't sew)

Jo Ann Simmons wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 14 August 2009, 2:33 PM

How cute is this, especially in the summer time!!!!

Stephanie wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 21 August 2009, 8:21 AM

Sandy, the little one that receives this from project Linus is going to love it . And Kudo's for taking the time to make a quilt for Project Linus.

Sherril wrote re: "Ice Cream Cones" from Sandy Hicks
on Friday, 16 April 2010, 2:57 PM

This is such a great, bright, fun quilt.  Keep on Stitching!!!!