"Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas

I got the original pattern for this quilt from Fons and Porters Jan/Feb 2008 issue on page 46. It is called Victorian Stars by Debbie Beaves. I changed up the pattern to include an extra set of half square triangle blocks on the setting block. It just didn’t look right to have the solid square with the fabrics I’d chosen. (From Moda’s Portobella Market collection.) I am making it for my sister Jenny’s belated birthday.

Comments

Thea wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Monday, 27 July 2009, 9:01 AM

Stephanie... I love it - absolutely love it - great job!

God bless,

Althea

Kim wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Monday, 27 July 2009, 4:11 PM

Very striking....love the colors.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Monday, 27 July 2009, 9:03 PM

Stephanie--

I remember admiring this quilt in the magazine.  Your version is exquisite and I just know your sister will be thrilled to receive it.

Stephanie wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Tuesday, 28 July 2009, 5:58 AM

Thank you for the compliments. I think I'll have to be a little more patient when I send a photo by email to post.I waited a couple days and thought I did something wrong and posted it one one of our forums. Sorry girls, I'm just a little bit embarrased now.

Kathy wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Tuesday, 28 July 2009, 7:51 AM

Stephanie, what a beautiful quilt.  I haven't tackled one bed size in a long time.  It was worth all your time to create such a beautiful quilt.  Thanks for sharing.

Kathy  >^,,^<

ceecee wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Tuesday, 28 July 2009, 6:09 PM

I LOVE it!  The color scheme is great. . .

ceecee

Sissy wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Thursday, 30 July 2009, 8:27 AM

Great choice of colors.  I know it was a lot of work, but it is beautiful!..............Sissy

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Thursday, 30 July 2009, 1:25 PM

Wonderful variation of the pattern.  Love your color choice...choosing colors is my biggest problem.

Kim wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Saturday, 1 August 2009, 6:26 AM

Beautiful!  I love it!!!

laura wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Saturday, 1 August 2009, 11:49 AM

I love the colors, and pattern, don't be embrassed about posting, I can't seem to post a picture to my blogs.  LOL have read, and reread the instructions.  Do better with instructions on patterns.    Laura

Susie from Indy wrote re: "Jenny's Quilt" from Stephanie Pristas
on Thursday, 10 December 2009, 11:49 PM

Gorgeous. I love the colors, and your revised pattern. You have done excellent work. This quilt draws me into it: I want to curl up in it and look at it and look at it...