"Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio

This is a baby quilt I made for a friends baby named Paris. I used Elisa Wilson's 8" template and the "Twist and Turn with a Surprise" technique. Since my squares did not end up even I decided to use the wonky feature mentioned in the video and trimmed the blocks to 7". This is the result. I have always loved pink and black and decided now was the time to use it.

Comments

Kim wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 1:35 PM

Pat - your quilt is gorgeous!  I love the flowers in the corners - beautiful touch.  :-)

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 1:40 PM

Pat--

Very pretty quilt.  Very lucky baby.

Stephanie wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 1:40 PM

Pat, How pretty. I love pink too, especially  bright dark pink or magenta. I love the flowers you added too and the fact that the video anticipated that the blocks wouldn't even up and added a wonky feature. Today I have learned a whole new concept. "Frogs are the seams that have to be ripped out, and wonky's are the squares that need to be evened up. thanks for sharing your lovely quilt and for reminding us that in a perfect world our blocks would always turn out the way we want them, but in the real world we sometimes have to wonk them into submission. Kind of like our husbands.LOL

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 2:04 PM

Pat,

Your quilt is beautiful.  Paris is a lucky baby to be receiving it.  You did a great job.  Thanks for sharing it.

Pam Schue wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 3:49 PM

Beautiful!  Great color combination.  The black just makes it pop

gini wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 3:52 PM

pat, very pretty quilt, love the flowers in the corners   gini

juanita.montgomery wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 10:42 PM

This is a very beautiful quilt

Juanita

gjdunkel@srt.com wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Friday, 24 July 2009, 4:12 AM

Really apretty quilt.jean

Rosemarie Andrako wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Friday, 24 July 2009, 4:45 AM

Pat this quilt is beatiful, if only I could do half as good as you.

Rose

Joyce K. wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Friday, 24 July 2009, 8:10 PM

Your quilt is amazing, wonderful and gorgeous....very nice....can't quite make out how you quilted it. Looks like you just sewed straight line diagonals...whatever you did, it really makes the fabric pop!!! Good job!!!

Thea wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Friday, 24 July 2009, 9:33 PM

Pat - I love the pink and black - very very nice..

God bless,

Althea

Kris wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Saturday, 25 July 2009, 1:55 PM

This is a beautiful quilt Pat. The pink and black is very striking.

Dee wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Saturday, 25 July 2009, 2:14 PM

Pat...I'm Waving to a Fellow Buckeye!  Hello!  Your Quilt Is a Wonderful Abstract!  I let me keep looking at it, and everytime I Did, My Eye Would Catch a Different Hue...How Clever of You To Use Pink Tones w/Black!

QCA420845 wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Monday, 27 July 2009, 5:34 PM

Wow!  Nice work!  And the flowers in the corners are delightful!

ceecee wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Tuesday, 28 July 2009, 6:11 PM

I was never very fond of pink but it has been growing on me. . .the quilt is delightful; I would never have thought of adding black to a baby quilt but I love the look. . .thanks for sharing!

ceecee

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Wednesday, 29 July 2009, 12:06 AM

How cute, love the flowers.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Pretty Paris" from Pat in Ohio
on Thursday, 30 July 2009, 1:27 PM

Nice job, great color combinations!

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.