"In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit

Tom and his wife were our next door neighbors.  Tom passed away from cancer after a long illness.  I asked his wife, Pat, if she would like a memory quilt.  We sat down and selected pictures of him and I printed them out on fabric.  It took me a long time to decide on the fabrics to use that would best reflect Tom (who loved to fish) and the pictures, but I was finally able to present his wife with the finished quilt.

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 9:07 AM

Pamela,

That is a nice quilt.  You did a great job.  I'm sure Tom's wife was pleased.  What a wonderful way to memorialize Tom.  The colors are perfect.  Thanks for sharing.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 10:14 AM

Rachela,

You did a wonderful job on this quilt and I know that your neighbor will cherish it.

T Lynn - SW Idaho

Kris wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 10:23 AM

Pamela, it was lovely of you to do this for your neighbour. The quilt is stunning and I'm sure it is a special part of the healing process.

laura wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 12:27 PM

Angel's were guiding your hands, Pamela, beautiful----

weze aka Louise Raymond wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 5:49 PM

wow what a nice thing to do now she can hug him all the time. I know if that was me it would be with me all over the house .and when i sewed or quilted .

Penny wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 6:07 PM

What a great gift of love! You're the angel!

Bonnie wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 6:29 PM

What a beautiful quilt and what a good neighbor and friend for doing such a thoughtful thing.  I am sure that it means alot to her.

Jane wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 7:25 PM

What a gifted quilter you are, and to be able to present your neighbor with such a gift, makes you truly amazing.  This quilt will be cherished forever with the memories of Tom in the days that he wasn't so sick.

quilterbabs@yahoo.com wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 7:28 PM

What a beautiful memory quilt!  Did he like to play cards! Since you used "card tricks" in the pattern.

Wonderful colors in the quilt.  Love it as I'm sure your neighbor did, too.

Barbara from Hawaii

Donna Seay wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 8:21 PM

It is a beautiful quilt.  May God Bless you for being such a wonderful neighbor that cared.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 8:59 PM

Wonderful quilt!  You did an excellent job on every aspect...love the colors & the block placement!

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 9:21 PM

What a beautiful tribute you've created.  I'm sure this quilt will be forever treasured.  Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

gini wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 4:24 AM

what a nice quilt to make, thanks for sharing your quilt and story.  gini

Sissy wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 7:58 AM

Beautiful!  What a great way for you to show love and support for your neighbor.  She will cherish the quilt forever!  Beautiful choice of colors.

Sissy

Kim wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 9:55 AM

What a beautiful keepsake for your neighbor to cherish.  A very heart warming story - thanks for sharing.

Jennifer wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 1:17 PM

That is a beautiful quilt.  I know your friend will cherish it and wrap herself up in it on days she is missing.  I know because my husband died 1-1/2 years ago and I'm currently working on a t-shirt quilt of all his t-shirts.  I'm looking forward to wrapping myself up in it once in a while.  You are a good friend, Pamela.

Pennylane7681 wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 2:45 PM

Thank you , I'm sure your neighbor loved the quilt, I'm making me one of my children, when i saw yours. it's beautiful..

donnascook@snet.net wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 3:20 PM

Grate Quilt*** Greate Idear*** Will be Treasured for Many Many Years***

I Lost my husband of 44 years in September 2009 You inspired me to proceed with makeing a memory quilt. At the service I displayed a collage of  his life what a great way to put it on a quilt. thanks for sharing and inspiring me.

Donna Cook

Stephanie wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 9:57 PM

Pamela, What a lovely gift to your neighbor. I know she'll treasure it. Great pic's and choice of fabrics. I'm sorry for her loss and for the loss of your friend and neighbor Tom.

Thea wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 11:06 AM

Pamela,

What a beautiful gift you made for a special friend of yours.  I applaud you in so many many ways.  It is difficult to lose friends and family.  I am truly sorry for your loss but hope that you can take solace from the wonderful gift you gave them.  Each time they look at your quilt they will look with a smile on their faces.  Thank you for being such a caring woman.  It is a great quilt and very very beautiful.

juanita.montgomery wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 10:40 PM

What a beautiful gift for your neighbor.

Juanita

joan818 wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Saturday, 25 July 2009, 12:48 PM

Its was a very nice quilt you made. I want to make a memory quilt for my nephew Josh that passed away four years ago I haven't found the right now yet.

chocake2 wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Saturday, 25 July 2009, 2:46 PM

Wonderful work! I'm sure that your neighbor feels blessed to have a friend like you.

Jeanine wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Thursday, 30 July 2009, 7:27 PM

This is a wonderful quilt.  Your colors are perfect.  This will be treasured, I'm sure.

Pat wrote re: "In Memory of Tom" from Pamela Windspirit
on Monday, 3 August 2009, 11:05 AM

What a wonderful gift and remembrance.  Your choice of colors and placement really make for a beautiful quilt.  Thanks for sharing.