"Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench

Here's my version of "Japanese Moonbeams" from Fons & Porter's "Love of Quilting" issue of September/October 2006.   Liz said on one of the TV programs that sometimes she just has the urge to quilt immediately and goes right ahead.  I had a similar experience one day and decided to find all the oriental-inspired fabrics in my stash and came up with quite a few to complete this wall hanging.  I backed all the "moons" with batting to give extra dimension before appliqueing them.  I used a feather stitch to quilt around the "moons" and across the seams.  I was very happy with the result, and it hangs proudly in my stairwell!  It's one of my favorite quilts!

Comments

gini wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Wednesday, 15 July 2009, 9:29 AM

barbara, it's a beautiful quilt, nice job.  gini

Jodie Davis wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Wednesday, 15 July 2009, 9:34 AM

Nice Barbara. And the perfect spot for it!

~Jodie

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Wednesday, 15 July 2009, 1:20 PM

Barbara,

I like your quilt.  You did a great job.  Thanks for sharing.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Wednesday, 15 July 2009, 1:27 PM

Very nice Barbara!!!

T Lynn - SW Idaho

ceecee wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Thursday, 16 July 2009, 6:19 AM

I love it!  I'm going to show it to my friend who is absolutely crazy about the oriental fabrics. . .we will be inspired!   Thanks for sharing!

ceecee

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Thursday, 16 July 2009, 12:20 PM

Barbara--

It's really lovely!  I wish I could see it in person to get a close-up look.  Nice work and you've displayed it perfectly.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Friday, 17 July 2009, 8:54 AM

Excellent job!  Love the colors...I'm inspired now...may try something similar with some oriential fabrics I have.

Marge

Kris wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Friday, 17 July 2009, 7:49 PM

My sister would love this. I'll have to show it to her. I too am inspired I'll have to get my hands on a copy of that magazine. Thanks for sharing.

joyce wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Sunday, 19 July 2009, 7:44 PM

Barbara,

Love the quilt. I used the feather stitch on a snowball pattern. Loved doing it and it looked really elegant.

Penny wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 6:04 PM

Very nice pattern and execution! Love to see things made with the Asian style fabric. I have collected so much of it, and hate to cut it up........so it is nice to see it's use in big areas where the beauty of the designs can really be appreciated!

Patricia (Pat) wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 6:37 PM

Love the fabric. Great job

Sissy wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 8:01 AM

Nice job.  Your quilting is very good!

Sissy

Stephanie wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 10:03 PM

Barbara, I just love asian prints and I think you picked a beautiful fabric to be the center of attention fot this quilt and it works nicely in the space where you hung it.

Thea wrote re: "Japanese Moonbeams" from Barbara Muench
on Sunday, 9 August 2009, 10:41 AM

Barbara, I lived in Japan for 4 1/2 years and was so glad to come home.  I think your quilt is beautiful and I know you love walking past it as you go up those stairs.  I think you did a beautiful job and should be very proud of yourself... a pat on the back for Barbara.

thank you for sharing it with us.  I am on a virtual quilt show today

God bless,

Althea

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.