"Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu

I made this for my grandson who is about to be born.  His sisters ages 5 and 6 picked out the material and I put them together. It has been a fun project for us. The quilt is centered with a picture by Lassen and it is surrounded by many textures with designs of animals and well known children's characters. This is an easy machine quilt.

Comments

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Friday, 10 July 2009, 9:43 AM

Your grand-daughters did a terrific job of choosing fabrics for their baby brother and your quilt is adorable.  Thanks for letting us see it.

Tawnya wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Friday, 10 July 2009, 7:39 PM

You did a great job with all the brite colors.  I think that it's a great memory for the older grand-daughters to have.  Way to go Grandma!!!

gini wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Saturday, 11 July 2009, 12:43 AM

cynthia, fun baby quilt.   i love to pick out fabric with kids.  once i took my three nephews, ages  11, 12, and  13 to a quilt store to pick out fabric.  once they got over the embarrassment of being in a quilt store with their ,"old aunt", we all had a ball.   they keep bringing them back for repairs, but they don't want new ones.    when two of the boys  had to evacuate their house on short notice  due to wildfires.  the only thing they took were their quilts    gini

Rhonnie wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Saturday, 11 July 2009, 10:50 PM

Cynthia,

Your granddaughters have good taste and perfect for a new baby brother. I think its cute and he will love it for many yrs to come. I hope we get to see the grandbaby wrapped up in it soon.

ceecee wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Monday, 13 July 2009, 6:28 AM

Love the quilt!   I would have never thought to put "ocean" theme and "monkeys" together but it all works!  I've learned something new. . .I need to step out of the box. . .do you think your grandaughters will go fabric shopping with me??

ceecee

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Monday, 13 July 2009, 9:27 AM

What fun and your grandaughters will be so proud that they helped. I'm sure it will be very special for all.  They did a wonderful job with the colors!

T Lynn - SW Idaho

gini wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Monday, 13 July 2009, 10:11 AM

cynthia, what a fun kids quilt   good job   gini

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Monday, 13 July 2009, 11:56 PM

Really cute!  Pretty colors for a new baby...your grand daughters picked really neat colors!

Linda Lou wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Tuesday, 14 July 2009, 6:06 PM

What a precious quilt.  I am sure big sisters are really proud that you used material that "they" picked out.  It is really neat!!  Thanks for sharing.

Linda Lou

joyce wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Sunday, 19 July 2009, 7:53 PM

Such a preciaous quilt. Is it made of flannel? I love having children helping. They get so excited.

Stephanie wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 10:06 PM

What a lovely, bright, cheerful quilt. Perfect for kids of all ages....

Thea wrote re: "Ocean and Animals" from Cynthia Wahinekapu
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 11:09 AM

Oh I bet you had so much fun - with the girls picking the fabrics and putting all the love I know you put into this wonderful gift that you made for this baby boy.  Your quilt is beautiful and will be cherished for years to come.  Wonderful!