"Mother's Love" from Cheryl

I made this wall hanging for my Mother for this past Mother's Day. The "frame" is crazy quilted using stash material from my Grandmother, Mother, Aunt and myself, picture is of my Aunt Millie, my Mother (Jean) and my Grandmother.  This picture of my Grandmother was taken at my parent's home Christmas 2002, she past away just before Christmas 2003; this is the last picture of the three of them together.  I am a third generation quilter and my youngest daughter, Kelly is our fourth generation quilter, and in fact, she inherited my Grandmother's sewing machine. My Mother was very touched by this gift and my Aunt has requested one for herself.

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Wednesday, 1 July 2009, 12:19 PM

Cheryl,

What a treasure you gave your mom.  I can just imagine that she had tears in her eyes.  I love it.  You did a great job.  Thanks for sharing.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Wednesday, 1 July 2009, 2:38 PM

Wonderful idea!  Love the colors & the quilting!

Sandy H. wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Wednesday, 1 July 2009, 6:58 PM

Cheryl,

What a thoughtful gift.   I'm sure your mother loves it.  It is very pretty.

Sandy

Kris wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Wednesday, 1 July 2009, 7:49 PM

It's beautiful. I love the crazy quilt frame. Thanks for sharing.

Sissy wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Thursday, 2 July 2009, 8:08 AM

I love making memory quilts, so I think your wall hanging is great.  I like your crazy quilt frame.

CJ Hines wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Sunday, 5 July 2009, 6:29 PM

That is a wonderful and thoughtful gift--and I love the crazy quilt motif you created around the photo. I'm sure your mom cherishes it!

Cindy wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Monday, 6 July 2009, 8:06 AM

What a lovely gift so much heart in a quilters gift isnt there. :)

Linda Lou wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Wednesday, 8 July 2009, 10:41 AM

What a fantastic idea!!  I love it!!  I know it will be cherished by your Mom.  The crazy quilt blocks are a beautiful tribute to your family of quilters, using scraps each of you had in your stash. It just makes it so much more personal. Thanks for sharing.

Debera Floyd wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Wednesday, 8 July 2009, 8:41 PM

Such a special gift something to pass on down to future generations. The detail of the crazy quilt frame around the 3 of you.

Debera

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Monday, 13 July 2009, 9:41 AM

What a treasure and so much nicer and meaningful that putting a picture in a frame. Wonderful job and I absolutely love your crazy quilt, the very 1st quilt I ever made was a crazy quilt and I am always drawn to them.

T Lynn - SW Idaho

joyce wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Sunday, 19 July 2009, 8:06 PM

Wonderful quilt. Love using scraps from family for memory quilt.

Stephanie wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 10:10 PM

What a treasure. Love the crazy quilt and fabrics you chose to do the frame with, and the picture is priceless.

Thea wrote re: "Mother's Love" from Cheryl
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 11:13 AM

Such a beautiful wonderful memory you have given your Mother and your daughter.  A great gift - a beautiful quilt.  thank you for sharing.