"Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren

This quilt was created for my first great-nephew.  His mom likes black & white (with a bit of red) and his dad is very color blind but loves orange!  This quilt was made in the 'reversible quilt' style, with machine embroidery on the seamlines as the 'quilting'.  "Spike" was the pet name they had for the baby before he was born, it may stick with him always :)

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Monday, 29 June 2009, 4:16 PM

Linda,

I love the quilt.  Black and white is also one of my favorite combinations.  I don't know about Spike for a baby's name, though.  You did a great job on the quilt.  Thanks for sharing.

Ruth wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Monday, 29 June 2009, 10:26 PM

I love black and white but when you add the red it just makes the quilt!!

Love it!

Kris wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Monday, 29 June 2009, 11:55 PM

Nice work Linda. I love that both sides are so different.

Linda wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Wednesday, 1 July 2009, 10:01 AM

Lucky for the little guy, his real name is NOT "Spike" :)

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Wednesday, 1 July 2009, 2:43 PM

These are perfect colors for Spike!  Lots of contrast to spark Spike's interest.  Great job on the entire quilt.

Cindy wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Monday, 6 July 2009, 8:10 AM

What a great baby quilt it looks great.

gini wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Monday, 6 July 2009, 9:27 AM

what a fun baby quilt   gini

patinohio wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Saturday, 11 July 2009, 11:03 PM

I really like your quilt but can you tell me about the "reversible quilt style, with machine embroidery on the seamlines" technique?

Thea wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 11:25 AM

fantastic quilt - I love that it is reversible - haven't tried one of those yet but they are on my to do list.  This baby is a lucky baby... great job!

God bless,

Althea

Linda wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 10:09 PM

The 'Reversible' technique is from "Reversible Quilts" by Sharon Pederson.  Even better, the current issue of 'Quilters Newsletter' has three different techniques (www.quiltersnewsletter.com/.../quilt_as_you_sew).

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Friday, 31 July 2009, 10:23 PM

Very nice and colorful Linda, I'm sure Spike will love it.

Pat wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Friday, 14 August 2009, 1:15 PM

What a wonderful way to quickly finish a quilt.  I have not tried a reversible quilt.  Was it very difficult?

Pat

Jo Ann Simmons wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Friday, 14 August 2009, 2:31 PM

Linda this is great and will grow with the baby.  What a treasure and how special are you for creating a tangible memory for mom, dad and baby.

Susie from Indy wrote re: "Baby Spike's Quilt" from Linda McLaren
on Thursday, 10 December 2009, 11:59 PM

Wow...lots of work making it two sided. I was at first impressed by your selection of black, white and red: these colors are educationally sound for the very young baby. Then I saw the reverse side and thought how appealing it would be as Spike gets a bit older--a lot to look at and keep him busy.

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.