"Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines

I made this for my nephew and niece-in-law's first baby. After seeing the "Have a Snowball" pattern on the Quilters Club of America web site, I knew this was the perfect project. They knew they were having a boy and the nursery was done in blues, tans and browns-very graphic and simple. I gave it to my niece-in-law at her baby shower and she was delighted!

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 2:55 PM

I love snowball quilts, and blues and browns.  You did a great job.  Thanks for sharing.

Cindy wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 3:59 PM

Nice job. How was it quilted all over or did u use a pattern or motif ?

gini wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 8:51 PM

beautiful job with the colors.  nice quilt.  gini

Gina J wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 9:57 PM

Very nice.  Snowball quilts are a favorite of mine.  I might have to do a snowball for my next quilt. Thanks for reminding me how much I like them.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 11:06 PM

Very pretty!

Joyce K. wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Thursday, 18 June 2009, 8:33 PM

I love snowball quilts too. They're easy but yet turn out so neat. I like the use of all the blues and browns. Nice job!!!

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Thursday, 18 June 2009, 8:46 PM

I'm sure the "little one" will love his "Blankie".

Tawnya wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Friday, 19 June 2009, 10:48 AM

I love your fabric choice.  Very soothing with out being bland.  Thanks for sharing

joyce wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Friday, 19 June 2009, 3:22 PM

I love snowball quilts. It was the first pattern that I learned. Especially love the colors. Great job. Baby will love it.

Joyce in Ill.

CJ Hines wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Sunday, 5 July 2009, 6:30 PM

Thank you, everyone, for all your nice comments!

Thea wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Sunday, 9 August 2009, 11:00 AM

CJ  - beautiful quilt - your niece is a lucky girl to have an Aunt like you to take the time to make such an adorable baby quilt.  I, also, love the snowball block - reminds me of growing up off of Lake Ontario in NY.  thank you for shairing this beautiful quilt with us.

God bless,

Althea

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Baby Snowball Quilt" from CJ Hines
on Sunday, 9 August 2009, 12:01 PM

Rachela,

Very pretty, I've never tried a snowball, looked at them in the magazines. It looks like a great way to get rid of scraps. I'll have to give it a try one of these days. You did a great job, love scrappy.