A quilt from Carolyn Stewart

The pattern is from a kit from Moda using their Prairie Paisley collection.  I rented time from a local quilt shop and did my first piece of long-arm quilting.  It was quite an experience, me being a hand quilter and all.  I made the matching shams from left over fabric and ordered some extra yardage to make the matching curtains.  With the hard rock maple 75 year old furniture, the colors and the pattern selection looks right at home.

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 2:59 PM

The quilt does, indeed, look right at home in that room.  It looks like it was a lot of work.  You did a great job.

Thanks for sharing.

Cindy wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 4:01 PM

What did u think of long arm quilting did you find to hard or was it fairly easy ? Your quilt looks like it always was meant to be in that room great job

kc0592@att.com wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 4:42 PM

Carolyn,  Your Quilt is Fabulous!! You should be very very proud.   Thanks for sharing!

mmcornwell@windstream.net wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 8:13 PM

Just beautiful! And how was the long arm sewing??

gini wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 8:54 PM

carolyn,   beautiful quilt in a perfect setting to show it off.  .  well, i'll be,   it's good to know that i'm not the only one who has enough fabric left over for shams.   gini

Marge Campbell wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 11:09 PM

I've had several people want to rent time on my longarm machine.  I hesitated because Momma machine was old, stubborn & heavy.  I had no liability insurance either.  Now that I have a Tin Lizzie...might rent it later on...after giving a class in how to use her.

Your room & quilt is beautiful!  How did you quilt it?  Did you do a simple meander, or some kind of design?

Marge

Joyce Brenden wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Thursday, 18 June 2009, 12:25 AM

Carolyn--

Such a cozy-looking quilt.  Beautiful work.

Stephanie wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Thursday, 18 June 2009, 6:59 PM

Carolyn, The quilt turned out beautiful and I love the fact that the fabrics in your shams match but that you didn't feel a need to make them "matchy ,matchy,"  perfect. I did some work for an art gallery a couple years ago and the curator of the gallery said that people drove him crazy with everything having to be so matchy, and I thought of how true this is. Where would originality come from if people didn't step out of the box sometimes?  Hats off to you.

Tawnya wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Friday, 19 June 2009, 10:43 AM

How great that you have a totally custom room!!! Right down to the curtains.  I think you did a great job making that quilt a home.

joyce wrote re: A quilt from Carolyn Stewart
on Friday, 19 June 2009, 3:27 PM

dear Carolyn,

Wow!! It is truly a beautiul quilt!!.I love the shams, also. I agree. I do not matchy-match. The room is lovely.

Joyce from ILL>