"Christmas Rose" from Althea

I designed and made this quilt for the donation quilt for the Pioneer Area Quilt Guild.  It is 84" x 104" it is made from all cotton materials - machine appliqué and machine quilted.  The guild paid for it to be machine quilted.

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Tuesday, 16 June 2009, 9:24 AM

Althea,

Your quilt is beautiful.  Bless you for giving your time.  I love the way you designed it.  Thanks for sharing.

dianacaldarola wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Tuesday, 16 June 2009, 9:11 PM

Thanks for sharing this lovely quilt. The roses pop right out for all to see. Nice work

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 12:18 AM

Wow!!!! wonderful!

Cindy wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 4:07 PM

Lovely quilt did they raffle it off ?

Thea wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 11:30 AM

the tickets are being sold now - Pioneer Women's Quilt Guild in Ponca City, Oklahoma.  The raffle will be held in November of this year.

Stephanie wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 11:38 AM

Althea,  your quilt is absolutely beautiful. Truly a work of art.I know the recipient will be thrilled, I sure know I would be.

Sissy wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 11:58 AM

beautiful design and stitching.  You are a very talented quilter.

Thea wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Thursday, 23 July 2009, 12:02 PM

Thank you - I had fun making this quilt - but I can tell you I still pull my hair out when I look at it... I worked so hard on this quilt as it was going out of my family... not that I don't work hard on them too - I know that whomever gets it will enjoy it - it is large enough to go on a queen size bed and hang over on the sides.  I think it would lay on top of a KIng.

I enjoyed doing this for my guild - i was honored that they asked me!

I learned a lot about long arm quilters too - I respect them a lot for the work they do!

Susie from Indy wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Friday, 11 December 2009, 12:07 AM

Such a beautiful quilt and lovely design! I especially like the four corner rosebuds with the open rose and rose bud combo in the center. The overall red-green combo is really nice. I can see why the guild chose you to make this quilt. How generous you have been with both time and talent.

gini wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Friday, 11 December 2009, 1:54 AM

althea, i had forgotten about this quilt.  it is so beautiful.   you should post it in show and tell.    gini

Sherril wrote re: "Christmas Rose" from Althea
on Friday, 16 April 2010, 3:04 PM

Great use of the Christmas colors for something that is not only suitable for Christmas time.  Excellent work, you can be proud!!!