"Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley

I tried to purchase this pattern online and then they ran out and the owner e-mailed all of her customers and asked if anybody had it and gave them my e-mail address to contact me if they wanted to sell it to me. Well, lo and behold, I received a note from a lady quilter in Michigain. She had the pattern and said I could have it. At no cost to me. We have become good friends across the mile on the internet. I made the quilt and sent it to her for a thank you for the pattern. I am in the process of making one for myself. Here is a picture of it.

I have been quilting for about 20 years now but just the past 4 years I have really gotten into it. I too enjoy Quilters Club of America and am a Charter member.

Comments

Kathy Patterson wrote re: "Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley
on Tuesday, 16 June 2009, 9:22 AM

Helen,

That is a lovely quilt.  I love anything to do with Our Grand Old Flag.  You did a great job.  It looks like it is a big quilt, also.  Not a wall hanging.

Thanks for sharing.

Joyce wrote re: "Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley
on Tuesday, 16 June 2009, 1:37 PM

Your quilt is beauitful. I was looking for a Flag quilt pattern for a friend who lost her husband in February.  So I just took the picture of her family and put it in the center of the stars and make one star for each year their were married.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 12:17 AM

Very pretty!

Tawnya wrote re: "Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 1:10 PM

I'm so glad you found your pattern!!!  You did a great job with the bargello!!  I'm a little intimidated by the bargello's.  I love the Ragedy Anns in your picture too.

Thanks for sharing.

Cindy wrote re: "Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley
on Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 4:05 PM

Looks big how big is it ? Nice work:)

Traci wrote re: "Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley
on Wednesday, 24 June 2009, 2:10 PM

What  a great way to make a flag quilt.  It looks like it is actually waving.  Great job

Ruth wrote re: "Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley
on Monday, 29 June 2009, 10:22 PM

What a wonderful story!  Happy Fourth of July!!

aheskett wrote re: "Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley
on Sunday, 12 July 2009, 7:13 PM

Great Quilt.  Good Job.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern" from Helen Hensley
on Wednesday, 15 July 2009, 12:28 AM

What a great way to make a friend and a quilt!