Spring 2009 Easy Quilts: Fat Quarter Breeze

Batiks and large pieces are great for a quilt you can make in a jiffy!

Quilt By: Butch Myers
Quilt Size: 59" x 74"
Project Rating: Easy

Instructions are in the Spring 2009 issue of Easy Quilts.

Comments

Peg O wrote re: Spring 2009 Easy Quilts: Fat Quarter Breeze
on Friday, 22 May 2009, 7:22 PM

I made this quilt in patriotic colors and it was raffled off for the Children's Miracle Network. The women who won it , gave it to her son and it is on it's way to Iraq with him. It was a quick quilt to make .

Karen wrote re: Spring 2009 Easy Quilts: Fat Quarter Breeze
on Thursday, 28 May 2009, 12:14 AM

I made this quilt in Fairy Frost FQ and enjoyed the speed of cutting and sewing.  It is the next one to go on my new APQS Millennium as soon as the 4th quilt of mine comes off, and I'll quilt it.  For a border, I used scrap rectangles from the leftover pieces which were smaller and yet the same colors.   I haven't decided on the pattern to quilt on it, or the threads, but want to use something that will enhance it.  It has a rainbow of every color in it and really brightens up the room when open.  I'm using a blue vine batik back.

jauslamtemp wrote re: Spring 2009 Easy Quilts: Fat Quarter Breeze
on Wednesday, 3 June 2009, 1:41 AM

Wow , What an awsome quilt in those jewel colors too. I need to see my magazine for this pattern : )

Spudgrandma wrote re: Spring 2009 Easy Quilts: Fat Quarter Breeze
on Wednesday, 15 July 2009, 12:25 AM

This looks like it would make a great pattern for a scrappy quilt and I must admit scrappy quilts are my favorite.

Spudgrandma wrote re: Spring 2009 Easy Quilts: Fat Quarter Breeze
on Wednesday, 15 July 2009, 12:25 AM

Liz wrote re: Spring 2009 Easy Quilts: Fat Quarter Breeze
on Monday, 20 July 2009, 6:47 PM

WOW Breath taking colors and love that boarder!

HeronShores wrote re: Spring 2009 Easy Quilts: Fat Quarter Breeze
on Saturday, 19 June 2010, 8:31 AM

I love this pattern.  I made it with civil war fabrics and put sashing between the blocks to make them really stand out.  I already have this cut out to make again.  It can be a real fun weekend project.

Nana wrote re: Spring 2009 Easy Quilts: Fat Quarter Breeze
on Saturday, 19 June 2010, 8:52 AM

I love this pattern.  It is so nice to have pretty as well as quick patterns in your stash for those last minute quilts.