WIPs for 2011

This is a small quilt, probably gonna be a wall hanging, that I still gotta quilt. I made it from a 5" charm pack of batiks that I got from Keepsake Quilting. I was just playing around mostly, and thought it would be a good size quilt to practice some FMQ. I'm still trying to get the hang of FMQ.

This is month one of the Civil Wars BOM quilt I've been working on. I'm a few months behind on it right now. Maybe I'll get caught up soon.

This next one is a baby quilt I have been playing around with. The bears are preprinted blocks that I have been adding embroidery to to make them look appliqued. I'm still playing around with the layout.

That's all I have pictures off right now. I'll try to get pictures of some more stuff I'm working on and post them later. I'm trying to get an idea of what all I have in the works right now so I can make a list of projects to finish in 2011 before starting anything else. Not sure how well it will work, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Published Wed, Dec 29 2010 9:37 PM by Sabrina

Comments

# re: WIPs for 2011@ Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:24 AM

sabricn, you have some great quilts in the works    gini

by gini

# re: WIPs for 2011@ Thursday, December 30, 2010 8:59 AM

Sabrina, love your wips, I've been practising my fmq also, i have a long way to go.

# re: WIPs for 2011@ Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:29 PM

Working on the same Civil War Quilt.  I am on month 6 and ready to get to the end.  It was not one of the more interesting quilts I have ever worked on but it will be worth it when done...I hope!

by Sara

# re: WIPs for 2011@ Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:25 PM

Sabrina -- just set your mind to it and you can do it.  This was my goal for 2010 and I completed 16 WIPs this year.  I also found new homes for 7 UFOs.  If I can do it, you can!

by Georgia

# re: WIPs for 2011@ Saturday, January 1, 2011 12:14 AM

Sabrina .beautiful quilts , I love the Civil War tuff so I think they look great...Barbara

by Barbara