Collinsville Quilt Walk 2010 Part 1

Here are the pictures I took Saturday at the 2010 Collinsville Quilt Walk in Collinsville, Alabama. This event is held every year to raise money for the restoration of the Collinsville Public Library. I have 101 pictures to show you, so this could take awhile.

Star of Bethleham by LaTara Jenkins

This next one is a Christmas Tree quilt. I didn't get the name of the maker.

A Trip Around the World quilt.

American Stars and Hearts by Virginia Tidwell

This next one is a military t-shirt quilt.

Patriotic Triangles by Joyce Foster

A military BDU quilt.

These next 3 are by Virginia Tidwell again. She had quite a few quilts in the show. Beautiful applique work.

Sunbonnet Sue

Sam Playing

Love Knot with Lap it Up border

Coming of Maxine by Eileen Cundiff

These quilts are displayed everywhere in the churches and historic homes of Collinsville, and I couldn't always get a picture of the whole quilt.

This next quilt is by Reba Vaughn

Some pictures of the quilts in one of the churches.

A sampler quilt by Mary Alice Hart.

A Broken Star quilt.

More pictures in the church.

Lone Star by Rubye Fox

Tree of Life. I think this is another one by Virginia Tidwell.

More by Virginia Tidwell including Double Wedding Ring and Friend Tile quilts.

Star Struck by Sharon Hood.

A cross-stiched quilt. I think this was also by Virginia Tidwell.

More pictures inside the church.

Stack-N-Whack by LaTara Jenkins. The label said this was her first quilt.

Inside the church again.

A quilt by Phyllis Morse.

And this is a Christmas Double Wedding Ring by Eileen Cundiff. The pieces were so small and the piecing so precise, I could have sworn it was a cheater quilt until I got a closer look.

That's all for part 1. Part 2 to follow shortly.

Published Mon, Sep 27 2010 8:21 PM by Sabrina

Comments

# re: Collinsville Quilt Walk 2010 Part 1@ Monday, September 27, 2010 9:54 PM

These quilts are great Sabrina. Thanks for the show. I love the lap it up border. I'll have to remember this one for later use.

by Kris

# re: Collinsville Quilt Walk 2010 Part 1@ Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:10 AM

thanks for the quilt show, sabrina

by gini

# re: Collinsville Quilt Walk 2010 Part 1@ Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:56 AM

Sabrina,these are amazing ,thank you for  sharing them with us.Truly wonderful.Barbara

by Barbara

# re: Collinsville Quilt Walk 2010 Part 1@ Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:31 AM

Sabrina these quilts are stunning.  Thanks so much for sharing.  I love the Star of Bethlehem.  Also love...... there is no way to name them all....LOL>

by Nana

# re: Collinsville Quilt Walk 2010 Part 1@ Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:15 AM

Thank for sharing all the beautiful quilts from the quilt walk.  I found a great website for finding quilt patterns called http://www.toadusew.com they have a great selection of all types of kites, quilt patterns, just about everything even fabric.  If you are ever looking for an inspiring quilt pattern or just looking for a creative and unique downloadable quilt pattern.  You should check this site out.

# re: Collinsville Quilt Walk 2010 Part 1@ Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:42 AM

I can only say WOW what a show. thank you so much for sharing these with us and I look foward to see the second part ..Barbara

by Barbara