Robin's Blog

The adventures of a quilter, who is also a high school teacher.

My Classroom is Ready !!!!!

The students come on Monday and my classroom is ready whether I am or not.    Not as I start my 26th year of teaching Family and Consumer Sciences (home economics)   I am as excited as ever, and a little nervous too.   But that is not really unusual.   Fortunately I can work on my crazy quilt block all weekend or a couple of Harry Potter Blocks.    Here are some pictures of my classroom.

1                                                                                         2                                                                           3                                                                       4

1.  My door.  It was plain last year so I got this idea from some stuff off pinterst.  Love it.

2.  I can't believe I painted this bulletin board.  I think the courage came from reading so many post on this website.   I'm in love with butterflies, so the tree and my room is covered.

3.  My desk area is new.  I tried to high the mirror area last year.  This year I'm just trying to camflougue it.  My classroom use to be the clothing lab so it's left over from then.   It's now a Early Childhood classroom.

4.  The peg board has been a challengene to make useful to the subjects I teach.  I think I finally have.  I've at least dressed it up a bit.

One last highlight I now have a brown accent wall. It really makes the room have a center of focus, hopefully this will keep everyone on task.

Got to share a gift I got this week from a student.  She made this for me this summer while she was visiting family in Italy.  The saying is Italian for have a nice day.

One last highlight.   This year is my youngest daughter's senior year.  I caught her and two of her friends at open house Thursday evening and wanted to share.

My daughter is the one in the middle.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Published Sat, Aug 18 2012 11:00 AM by Robin
Filed under:

Comments

# re: My Classroom is Ready !!!!!@ Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:15 AM

Robin, You have a very pretty daughter.

by Joan L.

# re: My Classroom is Ready !!!!!@ Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:04 PM

You did an awesome job of decorating your classroom! It's so inviting. Great pic of your daughter and friends.

# re: My Classroom is Ready !!!!!@ Saturday, August 18, 2012 6:51 PM

Robin, what a great, creative room.  I just love what you've done with it.  The little hanging cans with flowers are adorable.  So inspiring.  Love the little quilt from your student.  They really love you and what an inspiration you've been that they would give you this as a present.

Your daughter is a beauty!  How proud you must be!

Linny T

by Linny t

# re: My Classroom is Ready !!!!!@ Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:17 PM

Robin, your classroom looks wonderful, what a great place for kids to come and learn.   Your daughter is a very pretty young lady

# re: My Classroom is Ready !!!!!@ Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:07 AM

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments.   I hope that my students will feel welcomed when they arrive on Monday.

by Robin

# re: My Classroom is Ready !!!!!@ Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:58 PM

Robin ,I sure widh class rooms looked that appealing when I was in school. it sure would have made it alot more intresting, you have done a fabulous job. Barbara

by Barbara

# re: My Classroom is Ready !!!!!@ Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:39 AM

Thanks Barbara.   I hate uninviting and messy classrooms.  I really think it sends a negative mess to students.

by Robin

# re: My Classroom is Ready !!!!!@ Friday, August 31, 2012 7:09 AM

Robin, I finally noticed this blog area and I want to tell you that I wish some of the teachers were a little creative when I went to school.  The kids must be very glad to be in such an attractive environment for learning.  Your daughter is beautiful and she must be proud of her Mom too.   Ginny

by Ginny