Robin's Blog

The adventures of a quilter, who is also a high school teacher.

This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students

These are two of the quilts that my students made for the pregnancy center in our home town.  They actually made five.  This was part of their project for state competition and their now headed to nationals.   Fundraising ideas anyone??????

I am very proud of them they also did puppet shows at the local school and celebration.  They made 250 plus puppets to giveaway after the show.

They also knitted some little tiny baby hats.   I made the one below.

Published Tue, May 10 2011 5:58 PM by Robin

Comments

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:30 PM

what great quilts, you must be very proud of your students     gini

by gini

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:21 PM

by Robin

Your students did a wonderful job, Robin, they should be very proud of themselves

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:41 PM

The quilts are beautiful and for such a good cause.  Your students are amazing 250 puppets!  Those tiny knitted hats are really cute.

by Mary789

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:31 AM

How old are your students and how much sewing experience do they have? Looks like very good workmanship. And the hats are so tiny, you almost miss them. 250 puppets! Kids have such enthusiasm for something new, it is refreshing.

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:41 AM

Robin, your students have done an awesome job and for a great cause,,Bless all their hearts. you must be very proud of them..Barbara

by Barbara

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:35 PM

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments.  I can't wait to share them with the girls.  They are both 17 years old.  They are very enthusiastic, particularly when it comes to help children.  As far as their sewing experience, they both had tried it as some point but had not ever really finished anything.  They actually started by making sleeves to wear with their puppets.  From there it let to the quilts.   One of them didn't like quilting as much, but had done knitting so, she made the hats.  A former student of mine found out about the quilts and jump in and made her first one for the project.

Robin

by Robin

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:43 PM

Great!  Love to hear of someone sharing their love of sewing with younger generation and actually getting them to take the time to make something for others.

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Saturday, May 28, 2011 7:22 AM

very good work!!!!

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:21 AM

Rosemarie Andrako

Very good work for students, I wish I could do so well

# re: This is what my students do.......Quilts made by students@ Saturday, May 28, 2011 11:25 PM

It's wonderful seeing the younger generations doing something with their hands besides video games & MP3's.  This goes to show that the younger generation can adapt & be inspired by "OLD" ways. Thank you very much Robin for inspiring & teaching fundamentals of charity and creativity!  May our Lord continue to bless & inspire you.

Suzi