We have so enjoyed the comments from you, our readers, during Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Blog Tour. Thank you for being here. We have decided to declare some surprise winners. Each one will receive a copy of 100 Blocks Volume 3. Zippity Zinnia!!!
Diane chooses the very first comment of the blog tour and the first comment from each day this week (yay for Night Owls and international readers!):
Lynne at Treadles & Treasures
Arlette from Costa Rica
- Mary (Comment #29) on Denise's post In the Bag a winner for the first use of the word “hamburger” ever in a comment on Quilty Pleasures.
- I know I asked for it in my Zippity Zinnia post, but the earworm I can't get rid of now is MaryBeth Little (Comment #65) with her suggestion of “Ice Ice Baby”. (Don't worry, be happy–I'll still be picking a regular winner from that post later.)
- Jackie (Comment #45) from In the Bag: because I have a 10 year old son and for many years I also found rocks in my purse! I think my son still has a rock collection hidden somewhere!
- JoAnne Murphy (Comment #101) from In the Bag: because I really like her beach glass souvenir from Spain.
- Paul (comment #24) from Tweet Street: I like his honesty in saying “the block itself, just standing alone didn't inspire me. But I could actually see myself doing TS4 out of that block.”
- Deb M (Comment #46 from Tweet Street: for her imagination “turned so the zig-zags are horizontal instead of vertical…with a snake head on each one…or lizard head and legs! Oh, imagination gone wild. You guys have created a monster.”
- Claudia (comment #117) from Going in Circles: because she likes Hexagons and I am working on my first ever hexagon quilt and I am TOTALLY addicted.
- MelMeister (comment #65) from Going in Circles: because she likes polk-a-dots and I love, love, LOVE polk-a-dots! I must have over 100 polk-a-dot fabrics and I am always looking for more.
- Nancy B (comment #62) from Going in Circles: because she said she “loves flying geese!” ….and I hate them!….I do everything I can to avoid making them. So, you go girl!!
- Nancy B from Many LA for her creative poem:
I spent some time at various sites
each day for the 100 Blocks Blog Tour.
At least a couple hours daily was spent this way,
I wish (kinda!) that there was more.
Alas, all good things must come to an end,
it was a lot of fun!
My keyboard got drooled on, my imagination was fueled on,
and some new projects to be begun!
SewLindaAnn from Sunblock for her beach block ideas: “I'd like to see pieced beach balls in the sand with water in the background, or a couple of beach balls and a beach umbrella in the sand, or a starfish (that would be very cool).” (Thanks SewLindaAnn. Since I live in the Rockies, I think a field trip is needed to research this design idea!) SewLindaAnn has already won a copy of 100 Blocks and has generously asked us to pick another winner. Thanks, SewLindaAnn!
- Diana for her suggested follow up to Sunblock: “Would you be able to transform a rainbow into a paper-pieced pattern?” It would be a challenge, but I love the idea of playing with all the colors!
Read More: http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2011/05/we-declare-surprise-winners