Betty's Handiwork

A place of my own...

I think I know what I'll do next...

I have one UFO, a quilt that I started two years ago for my grandson.  I'm one of those people who likes to take something from the start to the finish and that UFO is just sitting there bugging me.  It doesn't matter where I hide it, it always manages to pop up and bug me.  It's one of those "Quilt as you go" quilts.  It seemed like a great way to make a quilt...maybe a baby quilt, but not a full-size quilt.  Now, I wish I had just pieced the top and then quilted it.  It would probably have been finished by now.  Well, that's my plan...at least for today!  Happy Quilting Everyone!!

Christoffer's Train Quilt

Comments

Anonymous said:

My goal this year was to finish as many of my UFO's as I possibly could. And believe me, they do add up.

BTW, I think we live near each other.

Joan A.

# July 1, 2011 4:19 PM

PaQuilter said:

Hi, Joan!

I only have the one UFO but everytime I open the hutch drawer, there it is looking at me.  I guess I better finish it before my grandson grows out of Thomas the Train! LOL

I live in Hilltown.  It's south of Sellersville.  Where do you live? BTW, I'm VERY RETIRED too! :o)

# July 2, 2011 5:48 PM

Karla said:

I did a Thomas the Train quilt for my grandson.  He's passed it on down to his little brother, who just turned 6 yesterday, and still loves it.

# July 3, 2011 9:32 AM

Anonymous said:

Ladies, I'm past grandchildren and in to great grand

children. (girls) so there is no Thomas the Train around here, just frills and laces. It's fun!

Joan

# July 3, 2011 7:40 PM

PaQuilter said:

Joan, we have three daughters and one son, seven grandbabies...three boys and four girls... and one great-grandson.  Our oldest grandchild, a grandson, is in the Navy; the youngest, a granddaughter, is 3 years old and our great-grandson is 9 months old.  It's awesome...what a wide selection! :o)

Karla, that's so sweet that your grandson passed his quilt down to his little brother. I love it when they really enjoy the quilts that we make for them. :o)

# July 4, 2011 5:54 PM

Karla said:

I made the 6 year old a "John Deere" quilt for his 6th birthday.  This boy is really into tractors, in addition to Thomas the Train.  It is the first "fussy cut" quilt I have done and I made it big enough for a double bed to last him awhile.  I made a space quilt for his 7-1/2 year old brother.  I also have a 12-year old grandson.  Each time I am making a quilt, even if it is a girly-quilt (as they call them) they each ask me if they can have it.

And yes, it is really enjoyable when you know they love the quilts you make.

# July 7, 2011 3:10 PM