I finally made the last stitches on my grandson's baby quilt. I kept putting other projects ahead of completing the binding and label, that it remained unfinished for about two months. I couldn't let the year end without completing it. Last Sunday, I finished the binding, and attached the quilt label on Monday. I named it Whirly Twirly Catepillar since there are Pinwheel blocks throughout the quilt.
Some of you may remember my Hungry Catepillar fabrics blog earlier in the year and several blog posts including blog of finished number blocks, talking about my progress on the quilt. Today, you can see how the baby quilt turned out. I really enjoyed working with the fabrics and colors. The entire pattern was my own design, based upon the book The Hungry Catepillar by Eric Carle. If you like his books, check out the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.
Hopefully, many of you make labels to document your quilts. My label for this particular quilt was printed onto June Tailor fabric sheets with my ink jet printer. Then, I used fabric pens to color in different areas and add the vital information. Don't forget to credit longarm quilters and pattern designers on your labels. The label design is from a disc I purchased from a vendor at the National Quilting Association show last June. It has a large variety of designs to print and use in making quilt labels.
I presented the quilt to my daughter earlier this week. She is thrilled and loves it very much. My grandson will have lots of fun sitting on the colorful top and reading the story with Mommy. He turned eight months Monday and should be crawling soon. Mommy beware!