Modern Sunbonnet Sue's Musings

Musings from the mind of a modern day Sue:
My Fiftieth Birthday Arrives Tomorrow

I was born May 19, 1962 and my 50th birthday is tomorrow. Turning fifty is just another milestone, and this is one I don’t mind taking. My children are grown, married, and have given me three beautiful grandchildren. My husband, of nearly 32 years, continues to warm my heart with his love and respect, and corny humor. I use my free time to quilt all that I want. My career will be winding down to retirement, in as many years as I have worked in the field of food and nutrition. I wouldn’t go back to my teens or twenties or thirties for anything. I am just leaving behind another decade, with my best years of my life yet to come.

I just knew that the staff at work was up to something for a birthday celebration today. And, I guessed right that they would decorate my office with streamers and balloons.

Someone spent a considerable amount of huffing and puffing to blow up all those balloons. But, I surprised everyone before they could surprise me. For a gag, I dressed up for the occasion, and few knew who I was. Most did a double take, with their mouths wide open. One of my kitchen staff couldn’t get over that I got all decked out in costume. I'm just too serious and reserved. They just haven't seen my humorous side. I also treated everyone to a raspberry filled, white cake from my husband and my bakery, which I decorated.

It has been an eventful morning. But, this Grandma is going to keep on "kicking" for many more years. Oh, by the way, the staff also posted pictures, all over the worksite, of me playing kick ball at our division meeting last summer. Now, that picture was a bit embarrassing. But, not so embarrassing that I couldn’t share it with all of you.

Happy Birthday to Me!

Enjoy!

Published Fri, May 18 2012 1:27 PM by Pamela

Comments

# re: My Fiftieth Birthday Arrives Tomorrow@ Friday, May 18, 2012 3:35 PM

Happy 50th Birthday!!! You are at the top of the  hill now...it's all down hill from here!!

Hope you have the best birthday ever!!

Linda

# re: My Fiftieth Birthday Arrives Tomorrow@ Friday, May 18, 2012 4:05 PM

Happy Birthday!  I turned 50 last year and I'm no different now - in my book it's just a good excuse to get presents and have a party!  I'm glad you had fun!

greenmonstr

# re: My Fiftieth Birthday Arrives Tomorrow@ Friday, May 18, 2012 6:43 PM

Happy Birthday.  Love the party "dress".

Nana

# re: My Fiftieth Birthday Arrives Tomorrow@ Saturday, May 19, 2012 11:44 AM

Happy Birthday Pam & welcome to the 50's club.

quilterpam@hotmail.com

# re: My Fiftieth Birthday Arrives Tomorrow@ Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:04 AM

Pam Happy birthday. Great pictures ,thanks for sharing with us Barbara

Barbara

# re: My Fiftieth Birthday Arrives Tomorrow@ Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:47 PM

Happy 50th birthday, come on in the water is fine, I turned 50 last year and it is great, hope you have a wonderful next 50 years.

kmdquilter