Modern Sunbonnet Sue's Musings

Musings from the mind of a modern day Sue:
In the Doldrums

This week, I have been in a period of the doldrums. Doldrums defined by the dictionary says ...low spirits, dull, listless feeling, sluggishness. I cannot decide if this is because I am still recovering from my surgery of three weeks ago; or if having half my thryoid removed is the issue. Either way, I haven't accomplished much this week. I have a list of things to do, but only accomplish half or less. At work, I cannot seem to concentrate on anything for a great length of time without becoming tired. Several individuals have commented on how I appear, and most think that I must be ill. My voice has a hoarse, husky sound since the surgery. Many, that did not know about the surgery, assume that I have a cold. As you may see, I haven't blogged much in the last couple of weeks, either.

I have been stitching an embroidery piece that I picked up last Fall at a flea market. It has a Disney design with Bambi and Thumper and places to record birth information. I need to complete this by the beginning of March, when my daughter is due with her second child. I also expect to get the baby quilt back from my longarm quilter tonight, and it will need binding put on by March, as well. The one thing that I have accomplished, since the week-end, is to put together the instructions for the Applique Club heart blocks for the guild meeting that will take place next Tuesday.

After work, I plan to meet my older daughter at Babies R Us. She is also expecting, in May. And, my Kiltie Quilters will meet at the local library to socialize. That's about all that I am able to think about accomplishing. Maybe I'll feel up to more by the week-end. I sure hope so.

Published Thu, Jan 19 2012 3:23 PM by Pamela

Comments

# re: In the Doldrums@ Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:37 PM

I hope you are starting to feel better.  My husband, lost his thyroid as a side effect when going through chemotherapy.  He was always so listless - the metabolism of an earthworm - is what his doctor used to say.  Once that is addressed (if that is the problem) you should see a difference.  Hang in there!

Kathleen Van Orsdel

# re: In the Doldrums@ Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:22 PM

Hopefully meeting with your daughter and your quilters meeting will lift your spirits.

Spudgrandma

# re: In the Doldrums@ Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:02 PM

My prayers are for healing and comfort. Hope you begin to feel better soon. Sending sunshine and hugs.

Linda

Linda

# re: In the Doldrums@ Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:55 PM

I hope you make a speedy and complete recovery. It may take a full 30 days for you to feel the results of your surgery. But then you should have plenty of energy for those important projects on your to-do list.  After all, we know how special grandchildren are!

May God bless you with wellness! Donna

Donna

# re: In the Doldrums@ Friday, January 20, 2012 2:04 PM

I hope you start feeling better really soon.  If you lost part of your thyroid they will probably need to put you on some thyroid hormone replacements.  Once they do that you should see a big improvement in energy levels.

Nana