Modern Sunbonnet Sue's Musings

Musings from the mind of a modern day Sue:
Elm Creek Quilts Newest Book

I am excited to hear that the latest Elm Creek Quilts book was released on Tuesday, November 1, 2011. In fact, I also found out that the author, Jennifer Chiaverini, is signing autographs at Schuler's Books in Lansing, Michigan, tonight. Here's a peak at the book. Check out Jennifer's website and blog to read more and join her Reader's Circle.

I already have three autographed books. I would have gotten an autographed book, since I work in Lansing, but didn't want to wait around for three hours just to get it. Instead, I have hinted heavily to my daughter, that lives in Lansing, that she could pick up the book for my Christmas present. Besides, I have a quilt meeting tonight with my Kiltie Quilters friends in Alma. Since I had met Jennifer before and received several autographs, it wasn't as important to me to be the one to get it.

If I get it for Christmas, I won't be able to read it for awhile. I finished The Aloha Quilt earlier this year and really enjoyed it. The first Elm Creeks Quilt book I read was The Runaway Quilt and it remains one of my favorites. I really like the historical aspect of novels and find the stories that intertwine the past and the present the most interesting. I enjoyed The Sugar Camp Quilt, telling a story of the Underground Railroad, which was first referred to in The Runaway Quilt and continued with the story of Dorthea. The Lost Quilter also provided historical insight into the Civil War period and followed the runaway slave, from the previous mentioned book, after her encounter at Elm Creek.

Are you an Elm Creek Quilts Book fan? What is your favorite book? If you haven't read any of Jennifer's books, check her out. She's been on the New York Times bestseller's list several times.

Enjoy!

Published Thu, Nov 3 2011 6:35 PM by Pamela

Comments

# re: Elm Creek Quilts Newest Book@ Thursday, November 3, 2011 6:31 PM

I love the Elm Creek Quilt series.  The first book I read was The Aloha Quilt and liked it so much I started the series at the beginning. I'm finishing another book and will be starting The Christmas Quilt, #8, I think.  I have especially enjoyed the stories about the Civil War period.  It has inspired me to join the Parasols & Fabric group.

Wish I lived a little closer to Lansing (I'm in Muskegon)!

Sheri

safrmaz

# re: Elm Creek Quilts Newest Book@ Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:30 PM

I've  read them in order, but I am a few behind right now, even further as of Tues! I will have to get back int he groove.   I love the first few, but the runaway quilt was the best historical one.

Ellen

# re: Elm Creek Quilts Newest Book@ Friday, November 4, 2011 8:22 AM

I found the series several years ago while on vacation. I bought all the books available at that time and couldn't stop reading until I finished. I've kept up with the series, reading each one as they come out. I can not say that any one is a favorite, I love them all. I just ordered the newest ... can hardly wait for it to arrive!! I would love to own a large home and have quilting classes and retreats!

Janet Leigh

# re: Elm Creek Quilts Newest Book@ Friday, November 4, 2011 10:11 AM

I just finished reading The Aloha Quilt now am reading The Union Quilt. Can hardly wait to buy Jennifer's newest book. I have read all of the Elm Creek series books in order.  Loved them all don't know which one is a favorite.

NanaJane

NanaJane

# re: Elm Creek Quilts Newest Book@ Friday, November 4, 2011 11:36 AM

I absolutely love the Elm Creek series!  I read them whenever I can.  I really liked The Runaway Quilt.  I have read quite a few of the books.  I love them all!  I didn't know she had a new book out.  I have to read them as they are available in the library.  I would love to meet Jennifer sometime.

quiltysjeff

# re: Elm Creek Quilts Newest Book@ Friday, November 4, 2011 12:20 PM

I started reading them last fall.  I love all of them, especially the ones with historical blends.  I need to read the newly released, then I will be caught up on my ECQ book series. I dont have any autographed books. Maybe someday.  She has not been close enough to pay her a visit.

PEBBLES