Always Be Prepared

Published Mon, Sep 6 2010 5:14 PM

This is a boy scout themed quilt top that I just finished.

Also a close up of the center block with embroidery and patches.

by Nana

Comments

# gini said on Monday, September 6, 2010 8:34 PM

very cute, is it going to someone special?   gini

# Stephanie said on Monday, September 6, 2010 9:13 PM

Such a thoughtful tribute to Rick Wimmer and beautiful work on your quilt Nana.

# Mary789 said on Monday, September 6, 2010 9:14 PM

I really like this quilt using the Boy Scout fabric.  Our two sons made Eagle, and my husband still helps the troop :)

# Hannatine said on Monday, September 6, 2010 9:51 PM

I love it!  What a clever way to put alll those patches to use.  I have a box full of the patches I've saved from my son's days in Scouts.  Your title was fun too.

# Nana said on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:28 AM

Thank you everyone.  My DH and I have been involved in scouting since 1989 when our son was in scouting.  We still are committee members.  This quilt is for our scout master for his birthday in Oct.

# Kris said on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:59 AM

Trés cool Nana. Rick will be over the moon when he gets this.

# Mary789 said on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:10 AM

Nana, the patches on your quilt, are they the actual patches, or is it they printed on the fabric?

# Anonymous said on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 11:18 AM

Very good job and cute theme in this quilt. I found a wonderful site called http://www.toadusew.com that has some of the most creative and unique quilt patterns and a great selection of all types of kites, quilt patterns, just about everything even fabric.  If you are ever looking for some creative quilt patterns or just want to be inspired you should check toadusew.com out!

# Nana said on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:01 PM

Mary only the Blue Ridge Council patch and the triangular troop patch are actual patches.  The rest are a preprinted fabric.

# Spudgrandma said on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:39 PM

Very nice Nana.  I hear you on the running out of time and energy.  I should have started quilting earlier LOL

# Brenda H said on Saturday, September 11, 2010 6:31 PM

I like your quilt Nana.  My son made Eagle Scout last year and I made him a quilt with some of the same fabrics.  I put all of his rank position patches on it. I was even able to get an extra Eagle Rank patch before his COH so the quilt would be complete by then.

# Michelle said on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:21 PM

Nana, I am just looking at your quilts.  I love this one. Our youngest also did he eagle and was wondering where you found the boy scout material? Did you have to order it?

Search