Caleb's Quilt

I finished the baby quilt with the minkee backing and it turned out to be a beautiful little quilt.  The hardest part to me was pinning the minkee onto the leaders because that's when it wanted to really stretch.  Once I got the backing on, and everything else loaded, I said a little prayer, and away I went!!  Absolutely no problems, whatsoever!!  I really like the way it sewed, too.  I never had to adjust my tension, or make any other adjustments in the course of quilting the quilt.  Everytime I would get through with one turn, I would grab my flashlight and lay on the floor to admire the beautiful straight backing!!!  (I was keeping my sick granddaughter, and she would lie down on the floor with me and admire the handiwork!!)  I was so surprised that there was absolutely no puckering whatsoever.  Here are a few pictures of the quilt.  I did overall loops and I think it turned out great.  My friend was very happy when she came to pick it up.

This is a close up picture of the front of the quilt.  Made out of pastel Batiks.  My friend did a great job, didn't she?

Overall shot of the front of the quilt.

The dimples minkee fabric!!  I still can't believe there were no puckers!!

Overall picture of the backing.  I know that Sheila's daughter will be so happy when she presents her with this pretty little quilt.  Thank you to those of you who gave me some very good advice and wonderful words of encouragement!!!  Now I'm ready to tackle one for my grandson who is due the first of September!!!

Published Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:05 AM by Nancy Mann

Comments

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:17 PM

Nancy - I am so glad this was a positive experience for you.  Gorgeous quilt and beautiful quilting.

by Kathy D

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Thursday, June 10, 2010 10:54 PM

Nancy The quilt turned out beautifully.  I knew you could do it.  Minkee makes a luscious soft quilt...love it.

by Nana

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Friday, June 11, 2010 12:54 AM

nancy, your quilt turned out lovely,    i like working with minke.   gini

by gini

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Friday, June 11, 2010 7:12 AM

Nancy I have used some of that minkee fabric and I did not know what it was called, it is so soft it is beautiful. I love your quilt is stunning I just want to snuggle up in it.

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Friday, June 11, 2010 9:55 AM

I love baby quilts with all the soft colors. The backing is great too. I have never thought to use a textured backing.  I found a great website where you can download quilt patterns that are unique and creative. In fact, they have a great selection of all types of quilt patterns, kits and just about everything.  The site is http://www.toadusew.com.

by Anonymous

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Friday, June 11, 2010 1:17 PM

never used the minkie...it scares me...lol...your quilt is lovely

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Friday, June 11, 2010 1:38 PM

Beautiful...absolutely soft and cuddly looking - just what a new baby needs.

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Friday, June 11, 2010 3:55 PM

wow great job

by Adele

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Friday, June 11, 2010 4:45 PM

Nancy~Your quilt is beautiful and the quilting is perfect on the soft pastels.

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Friday, June 11, 2010 11:49 PM

Nancy, your quilt is adorable.  I love the colors and the Minkee will make is so soft and cuddly.

# re: Caleb's Quilt@ Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:46 PM

Nancy, Your quilt is beautiful and I love the fabrics. I got a chuckle of picturing you laying on the floor with a flashlight looking at the quilting.