I'll miss you Carol. See you again in heaven.

Published Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:09 AM

Yesterday I lost a dear friend, Carol, to lung cancer. Carol has been fighting her battle for several years. Today she is at peace with Jesus. Because of my asthma I wasn't able to go visit with her because I had an sinus infection and it could compromise her system. For months now I called Carol every week and we would talk about our healthier days and some of the crazier times. But Carol would always bring the conversation around to faith, dying, and going to be with our Lord. Carol was very much afraid and we would talk about how I felt when I had my car accident.

There was a point I became conscious at the scene and I realized that my life was in jeopardy. I prayed to God that if it was His will I was ready to go home. I don't remember anything until I woke from the coma in the hospital many days later. I was not afraid to go if it was God's will. I had faith in God. I had complete trust in God. I pray in the end Carol had complete trust in God. I know she is there with Him now and is no longer in pain. She is now in His glory.

Friends if you are smokers, please stop! I've just watched a friend suffer from a horrible disease for several years. Believe me smoking isn't worth the suffering I've seen my friend go thru. I grew up a victim of secondhand smoke which is one of the reasons why I have asthma today. Cigarette smoke sends me into an asthma attack that can put me into the hospital. Friends, please please please, consider your health and stop smoking.

Carol, I will miss you; but we'll see each other again in heaven.

Comments

# safrmaz said on Monday, November 14, 2011 9:16 AM

So sorry for your loss, Linda.

# PennyWyo said on Monday, November 14, 2011 9:44 AM

Linda, God is in control, has always been in control and will always be control.  On that we can depend.  He will use this testimony, just as you shared, to help others going through the same thing or ponder this life of smoke addiction.  He truly is our deliverer.

Penny

# Kathy M. Boice said on Monday, November 14, 2011 2:24 PM

Sorry for your loss. I hope people try to stop smoking. I know it is a hard habbit to give up, but it is worth the try. I am glad you were able to be a friend to Carol. Hugs,

# Linda said on Monday, November 14, 2011 3:09 PM

Thank you everyone. It's been a tough day. My cousin came over and we went to lunch. Took my mind off of it for a while. Carol is much happier today in God's house!

Now I have 4 days to get ready for a Christmas party! YIKES!!! Life does go on. God is taking care of Carol now. Yes, He is in control. Amen.

# Pamela said on Monday, November 14, 2011 7:21 PM

God Bless you, Linda!

# Phyl said on Monday, November 14, 2011 11:02 PM

Sorry for your loss, but aren't you glad she was in your life.  Sounds like you were great friends and support for each other.

# Linda said on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:30 AM

Thank you everyone. I'm so blessed that Carol was part of my dash for about 20 years or more.

# Barbara said on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:56 AM

So sorry to read of your loss. my prayers to you and all who knew her. Barbara