OK God, What are you trying to tell me?

Published Sun, Nov 13 2011 1:17 PM

Back to square one with this asthma thing and now my ankles are swollen again to the point  that I can't get shoes on. At least today I was able to get the compression stockings on. Yesterday I kept falling asleep either at the computer or sewing machine so finally gave up and took a nap. When I woke up I thought I'd slept all afternoon....only one hour! Oh Lord, please let me sleep on that train for the 3 days, 2 nights. My body cannot handle much more. I know Your plan is much better than mine, but please give me a clue. I'm running out of energy, oxygen, breath.....

I love you, Lord Jesus. My favorite Psalm is 116....verses1-2: "I love the Lord for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live."  He hears my cries for mercy frequently and I have to trust that God will hear my cry again. But I have to remember that he will answer my cry in His time, not mine.

Thank you God for reminding me that I need to talk things over with you and get everything into perspective. I feel better now and know that healing will come in Your time, not mine. You know what plans you have for me and I need to put complete trust in You. Praising You this afternoon and praying in your name, Amen.

WOW! That feels so much better!! I think now I can either go finish sewing the binding to Uncle Skip's quilt or get the table runner going that I'm making for one of my best friends (3rd time is a charm!). Then I think I'm done with presents for the Christmas party this Saturday. I can then move onto other projects that aren't so urgent. I still have to alter my gown for the Renaissance Faire, but it turns out the alterations won't be as extensive as I first thought. Yipee!!!!!

17 days and counting till I leave for Arizona! Once I get into some dry weather I know I will begin to feel better. Last evening I received a call from a friend who moved from the Chicago area to Shreveport, LA. She retired! No wonder I hadn't heard from her for a while. On my way home from AZ in the spring I just may stop off and spend a few days visiting with Barbara and her new hubby. Barbara has inherited some sisters and they are all quilters! My kind of stopover!!

Have a blessed day!

Comments

# safrmaz said on Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:10 PM

I never attended the Renaissance Festival in all the years we lived in Phoenix.  I used to watch my favorite channel 3 (and Brad Perry!!) cover it during Good Morning AZ!

Hope you feel better soon and have a pleasant trip.

# cherylmae said on Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:50 PM

Wish you well and said a prayer. Hope your trip goes well. Bless You!

# Linda said on Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:37 PM

Thank you Cherylmae and Sheri. Sometimes just talking to God like on the blog is all it takes to feel a little better. I ended up napping off and on all day and that's about it. Talked to a couple friends on the phone. Did get some bad news. A dear friend lost her battle with lung cancer today. Carol fought her battle for 5 years. Now she is at rest with Jesus.

Sheri - Can't believe you never went to the Renaissance Festival!! Ahhh, Brad Perry and his 1-leg dance. I remember. He was so funny! I believe he got laid off just before I returned to Ohio like so many others on all the channels out there. There were some major lay-offs that shocked everyone. Brad was trying to break into the music business.

# safrmaz said on Monday, November 14, 2011 7:49 AM

Last I heard, Brad was in San Diego.  Not sure if he was doing the weather there.  Loved him and "The Perry"!

# Linda said on Monday, November 14, 2011 8:08 AM

Sheri

How could you not love "The Perry"! Brad has that little boy sense of humor that you just couldn't help but love and laugh at!

# Kathy M. Boice said on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:03 AM

I read your prayer and immediately noticed you went right back to planning and "doing". Maybe God is trying to tell you to slow down your heart and mind so your body has a chance to heal properly. God must be shaking his head. I know this from experience so no condemnation implied!! LOL Linda, you are a special person,we all want you around for a long time!! Hugs, and of course lots of prayers coming your way!!

# Linda said on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:23 AM

Thank you for your concern, Kathy. In case you haven't figured it out, I'm hyperactive except my body isn't anymore!!! Oh, I'm sure God is shaking His head at me as are my doctors! As soon as the Christmas party is over Saturday I can slow down. I have Thanksgiving week alone so I can take my time to finish packing and getting the house in order. I don't have anymore projects that have to be done by a certain time. I have some doctor appointments in preparation for my trip. Thank you for all the prayers. They are much appreciated!

# Kathy M. Boice said on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:57 PM

Gottcha Ya! My mind stays in over drive, my body in reverse.LOL Linda. I appreciate you so much. Please feel better!! Hugs,