So much quilting, so little time left!

Published Thu, Nov 3 2011 7:39 PM

Now that I'm leaving earlier than planned for the winter, it seems that there is so much to do. I've had to reschedule December doctor appointments and try to fit them in before the end of November.  Today's appointment with my sleep apnea doctor took all afternoon. I am having such an awful time adjusting to a c-pap machine mainly because I'm claustrophobic. During the night in my sleep, I rip the mask off and throw it across the room. It's amazing that I haven't broken anything yet! We initially tried the nose pillows because of the claustrophobia. They fly quite well!!!! Then we tried the full mask. I broke out in hives. The full mask doesn't fly quite so well because it's heavier. It just goes "ker plunk" onto the floor! Then there's the humidity issue with the machine. Humidity and I are not good friends. It gives me nighttime congestion which means I cannot breathe. Humidity like that here in Ohio is why I moved to Arizona. I only moved back to Ohio for the excellent medical care due to my car accident. Dr. Strohl assures me that I'm not the normal patient (so what else is new?). Not everyone has this much trouble adjusting to a c-pap machine. He also assures me that we will make this work...somehow, someway, sometime in the future when I return in the spring. Hehehe!

Now I have Christmas presents to finish in a much shorter period of time. I'm feeling some pressure in this area. I'm finding that I haven't had as much time with my sewing machines. I did finally finish quilting my granddaughter's quilt this morning before leaving for Dr. Strohl's office. I've sweated for 2 weeks on how to finish the borders and the solution was right in front of me the whole time. Duh! The center of the quilt looks like a trellis...when I post the photo you will understand. I just pulled that trellis right out into the borders. Now how easy was that? All I have to do is put the binding on and the quilt will finally be done. Woohoo!!

My cousin is coming over tomorrow and is bringing my uncle's quilt from the longarm quilter for me. I can't wait to see it!! Then all I have to do to finish that one is put the binding and label on it. Another quilt done....Woohoo!!!

But I have a dilemma because I still need a handful of presents and I don't have the slightest idea what to do yet and I'm running out of time. I did find a cute table runner on-line that is suppose to take only 10 minutes to make. It is a very simple table runner...soooo I may take the easy way out. Thank goodness I have a huge stash of fabric at my disposable. 

And rather than sit here at my computer, I best get busy at my sewing machine. Our God is an awesome God! Have a great evening.