Isabella's Blog

My first hand stitched applique

As I said before I am much better in hand stitching than machine.

Last year I have taken a hand applique class. I really enjoyed it and, even if I am not where I want to be with the precision of the stitching I am quite happy of the outcome.

I still have to finish it, but little by little I will do it. For this project I have also decided to try to hand quilt it.

Comments

gini said:

isabella, your blocks are beautiful.  when you quilt it. some of the inprecision in your applique will be camouflaged by the quilting stitches.  very nice work.   gini

# September 20, 2010 12:09 PM

Helen Bell said:

beautiful job..I too have just started working on hand applique..I am trying needle turn...not going to bad...enjoy your hand quilting too...it is a very satisfying thing when you are done..just take your time and enjoy!!

# September 20, 2010 12:25 PM

Nana said:

Isabella your blocks are beautiful.  I can do some hand applique but I really don't enjoy doing hand work for any length of time.  Kudos to you for a beautiful job and especially for doing hand quilting.

# September 21, 2010 8:19 AM

Joni said:

Beautiful, your work will surely encourage me to try again.  Is the beautiful pink flower done in ribbon, love it!

Joni

# September 21, 2010 9:10 AM

emma.bell1110 said:

I have never learned to hand appliqué. But your work is beautiful very good job!! If you are ever looking for an inspiring quilt pattern or just looking for a creative and unique downloadable quilt pattern.  I found a great website for quilt patterns called http://www.toadusew.com they have a great selection of all types of kites, quilt patterns, just about everything even fabric.

# September 21, 2010 10:02 AM

Joan said:

Your blocks are beautiful, could you tell me where you found this pattern?  Love it.!

Joan

# September 21, 2010 10:35 AM

Isabella said:

Thanks Ladies for all you nice comments and advices!

Joan the patterns come from a very nice book called "Mimi Dietrich's Baltimore Basics. You can find it on Amazon.

# September 21, 2010 11:25 AM

Hannatine said:

These are beautiful Isabella.  I'm looking forward to seeing how you put them all together.  I too love hand quilting. You can obtain some lovely effects.

# September 24, 2010 3:22 PM

Mandy Meierotto said:

Oh my, I love your blocks.  Applique is my most favorite of all!  They'll look wonderful hand quilted.

# June 7, 2011 7:28 PM